Is Viva Wallet a viable payment provider for UK Shopify stores?

dianematthews33
Visitor
2 0 1

I'm just wondering whether there are any UK Shopify stores using Viva Wallet as a payment provider?
We signed up with Viva Wallet as they claim to support Shopify. After weeks of waiting to be approved, I went through the third party payment setup and Viva Wallet is not supported in the UK. Shopify have said they don't work with them.
I find this strange as Viva claim to have full integration - this is why we signed up with them.

We cannot use any other payment providers including Shopify payments or Paypal as we sell disposable vapes. It is very difficult to find a payment processor - we applied for 4 and it's taken months to be approved so obviously this is very frustrating.

Would be interested to know if any UK Shopify stores have managed to integrate with Viva. Thanks!

Replies 7 (7)

dianematthews33
Visitor
2 0 1

Just an update...

We've managed to connect our store with their custom Viva app.

However, I have just found out today that Shopify are prohibiting custom payment plugins from Jan 2022, therefore forcing us to use only their third party payment providers.

Not good news for those who sell products (such as CBD products) prohibited by Shopify payments, Paypal etc.

Foove2021
Visitor
1 0 0

@dianematthews33  Do you mind telling me if you found another option? We are also selling CBD and got blocked from shopify payments. Many thanks

Weedlover
Excursionist
17 0 4

Unzer Direct/clear Haus allows CBD and is not a custom App BUT they come up with additional fees (900 setup, 100 per month, 4% transaction) weeks after making the contract for CBD vendors. I am looking for an alternative but if viva wallet will be kicked out of Shopify...is there even one?

Weedlover
Excursionist
17 0 4

Where did you get that information with Jan 2022? Because german shopify support assured me, it is not true. 

Kind regards to you other cbd vendors especially 🙂

www.grasimglas.de

Thomasdbs
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hello, 

This only impacts custom checkouts or also default third party payment methods such as Viva Wallet. I have a CBD store in France too but I didn't get this information

Weedlover
Excursionist
17 0 4

Shopify support assured me that the removal of viva wallet and such apps is a myth. I am using viva wallet without problems now.

Although by the way - some viva wallet customer transactions were blocked. Does that occur often in your shop? With our previous payment provider Unzer Direct we did not have this issue.

dave_druid
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

We're using VIVA and it's working well. www.twowombats.com and you can see it in action.