Waiting for a tap to pay Android option

Waiting for a tap to pay Android option

CraftyJuniper1
Tourist
10 0 3

I currently use Tap to Pay I-phone, but my personal phone is an Android, so I need to bring 2 phones to POS events.  Is an Android solution even being worked on?  If not, why?  My shop is too small to afford any more hardware, I think the one I had is no longer being supported, the chip and swipe gizmo.

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1890 212 338

Hi there, @CraftyJuniper1. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community Forums regarding your question around Tap to Pay! My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

At this time, we have no news to share on when 'Tap to Pay' may become available on Android devices using Shopify POS. With that being said, we have received feedback around folks who would like to see this become available, so I've gone ahead and made our developers aware of your thread and feedback here. I can't promise what may result from me sharing your feedback and feature request with them, but you can rest assured that the appropriate Team has been made aware! Thanks so much for your feedback - it's feedback that helps us build Shopify into the best version of itself!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog