Want to link header logo on a single collection to a different URL than that of all other pages

Want to link header logo on a single collection to a different URL than that of all other pages

JillKn
13 0 0

Hi, 

I want to link my header logo on a single collection (pewter) to a different URL than that of all other pages on my Shopify site.

I'm trying to alter my header.liquid file in the Dawn theme to get the header logo on the /collections/pewter area to direct to one URL, while the same logo would direct to another URL on all the other pages. In other words, on most pages I want the header logo to direct to bennetttothetrade.com. On the page for bennetttothetrade.com/collections/pewter, however, I want the header logo to direct to bennetthome.com.

I tried the solution here, but couldn't get it to work. 

Please help if you know how to solve this!

Replies 4 (4)

Taknify
Shopify Partner
202 14 25

If I am getting this right, you want to direct users to /collections/pewter where they are on one specific url, but when they are not, you want to direct that to your homepage, correct?

Need to tweak your store a bit? Come and visit us at Taknify or send me message.
JillKn
13 0 0

No, sorry for the confusion!

When users are on /collections/pewter, I want the header logo to direct them back to bennetthome.com. When users are on every other page on the shopify site, I want the header logo to direct them back to bennetttothetrade.com. 

Taknify
Shopify Partner
202 14 25

This need to be done on your theme.liquid file for which I need access. If you can DM me your collab code, I am add the code required for correct redirection.

Need to tweak your store a bit? Come and visit us at Taknify or send me message.
JillKn
13 0 0

Could you please share an example code snippet? Is it the header.liquid or the theme.liquid that it needs to go on?