Solved

WARNING: Shopify Users Fraudulent Attacks on Account Holders

RyanAnderson
Excursionist
23 1 0

Hi all!

Just wanted to make everyone here, and Shopify team aware that there is a very tricky, and malicious email sender most likely attempting to obtain login information from your shopify accounts to access your store. I had accidently entered my information into this fake shopify sender and immediately realized thanks to Chrome, that they were not shopify at all. I was ashamed I was tricked, working in IT myself, but can happen to anyone. Also shopify team please be aware of the below. @Shopify I also immediately changed my password after, and also enabled two factor authentication on my actual site not this fake one, so hopefully I am going to be ok. 

Sender email: info@boutiquemaroc.co.uk

Screenshots attached, they were very tricky.

Best,

Ryan

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

Please forward any phishing messages that you receive to Shopify's safety inbox at safety@shopify.com. 

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

This is an accepted solution.

Please forward any phishing messages that you receive to Shopify's safety inbox at safety@shopify.com. 

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).