Can I watermark ebooks sold from my Shopify store?

Lingstad
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

How do I watermark my ebooks when I sell them from my Shopify store? I have tried the app Lemonink, but it did not work out. 

Kind Regards, 

Lingstad  

Reply 1 (1)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hey @Lingstad 

That is certainly an interesting one! I can see why watermarking your ebooks would be a good thing to do in terms of piracy prevention. I checked out that app you mentioned called Lemonink, and from what I can see on the app page it should allow you to watermark your PDF ebook files. Did you have specific issues with using the app that maybe the app developers could assist with? You can actually reach out to them directly by clicking the Get Support button on the app page and they should be happy to help.

I am assuming that you would need to place the watermark on the ebooks at the time of purchase, and you cannot do this ahead of time on an external application or online service? I had a look for other alternative apps in the Shopify App Store however it appears the one you have already tried is the obvious choice for this. If contacting the app developers for assistance doesn't help, then you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert. That would allow you to connect with freelance developers and agencies to work on a custom solution for your watermark requirement. 

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog