Why does our website show 'Web Page Blocked' for some PC users?

MAJOOL
4 0 0

Hello,

We have no problem to log in to our website from different browsers but one of our major distributors claiming that they get "Web Page Blocked" when they try to access via their computers but no problem when try it with their mobile phones.

"Every time I try to access your company´s website from a PC it appears to be blocked, but if I check from a mobile it does work"

Unfortunately this is all we got from them and no details regarding the error. I have asked a developer to look into our site but they couldn't find any problem.
Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thank you,
Marcus

Replies 12 (12)

Level_3_Expert
Trailblazer
147 9 12

can you leave your websites url here for a quick check?

The Leader Media, Shopify Agency for Brands
Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec
MAJOOL
4 0 0
VBBueno
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am also experiencing this issue. When i try to go into my shopify store, or the pages associated with it it get's stuck on an endless verification loop. the website is teamson.com

VBBueno
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I have already dont all the usual troubleshoot items such as clearing cache, going incognito, deleting and reuploading chrome. Im not on VPN and no firewalls are up. On day i was working normally and then next i was blocked out.

moneyinmotionz
4 0 0

Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

Hi, @MAJOOL,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for sharing your store URL, which allowed me to take a look at this for you.

I can confirm I was able to view your website using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on both PC/Laptop as well as mobile.

05-27-15o4v-y6v7n

It appears the issue may be a localized one such as the device, browser, or internet service provider. I would recommend asking your distributor if they can open your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then advise them to try clearing their cache and trying once again like normal.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MAJOOL
4 0 0
Hi Hank,

Thank you for your time.
I also received an email from our client that now they "can" see our
website with no problem. I'm not sure what or where the glitch was but
there is no more.

Best,
Hank
Shopify Staff
1102 128 187

That is great to hear that they can now see your website!

It may have just been a technical glitch on their end, but as mentioned most of these types of scenarios are down to localized issues. But if you do hear from them that they are experiencing these issues once more, advise of the incognito/cache solution above, which should resolve that issue.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, stay safe, and have an awesome day.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 

Nirdermal
Visitor
1 0 0

My site is blocked and I'm getting "Fortiguard intrusion prevention - access blocked"

www.invaincuhealth.com 

Please advise 

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 198

Hey, @Nirdermal!

Your site is opening for pe perfectly! Can I ask if you are using any VPNs to try and view your site? Or if you have strong firewall protection on your laptop/desktop? From what I can see, Fortinet is a web filtering software used by schools and businesses to block access to a variety of websites, through a URL filter. Usually to filter out inappropriate, offensive, or illegal content; or prevent media streaming sites from using up too much bandwidth and slowing down the network. Or these sites may be blocked to cut down on distractions when at work or school! FortiGuard can also inadvertently block sites that provide safe and useful content, so it would be worthwhile chatting to your management or your provider to let them know you need to access your Shopify site on their network. 

Could you try using a different internet connection or network to view your store? Do let me know how you get on!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 

Mhdakrmz
Visitor
1 0 0

my site is blocked and it said blocked because of accordance to company policy

swiftgalley.com

please help me

moneyinmotionz
4 0 0

same here my website just says access to this website is blocked.