Solved

Weird Email from accessinfo.com

1fish2fish
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Shopify Community,

I just received a weird email from "Fraud Department (Shopify) <shopifyreports@accesslnfo.com>" that says that there are 2 non-delivery reports and an agent named "Bridget Montecaro" that has been assigned to investigate.  Anyone else receive this?  Pretty sure it is a fraud email but thought I would check.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solution (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2055 224 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @1fish2fish,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 

This is indeed a fraudulent email, you can forward any phishing emails you've received to Shopify's safety inbox at safety@shopify.com. By forwarding the phishing emails you receive we're able to build a record of attacks to better protect you and your information. 

I'd also like to share our help center resource on Protecting your account for added context when receiving phishing emails. Some key factors to look out for within these emails are:

• Overly general language.
  • Business messages from personal accounts.
  • Misspellings, poor grammar and style variations.
  • URL's that don't look legitimate.
  • Alarmist or overly excited tone. 

Going forward I recommend protecting your account by generating a unique password using a password vault and enabling two-step authentication. These steps can help by creating an added layer of protection for your account and keeping your information safe and secure. 

Feel free to thread any additional questions or concerns you may have here.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Emily
Shopify Staff
1346 102 193

Hi, @1fish2fish.

Thank you for reaching out! 

You are correct. That was not sent from a Shopify email address. Could you please forward this email to safety@shopify.com without changing any headers so our team can look into this, please?

Thank you for providing this information to us, and I hope you have a great day!

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 

1fish2fish
Visitor
2 0 1

Wow!  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I have forwarded the email to you.

sarahjudson
Visitor
1 0 0

I received the same email, and when I forwarded it to safety@shopify.com it bounced because:

Recipient: [SMTP:safety@shopify.com]

Reason: 552-5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential552-5.7.0 security issue.

I also forwarded a couple of other phishy emails to Safety@shopify.com and one bounced, the other was acknowledged from safety@shopify.zendesk.com

?

The reply from zendesk.com gave me a support ticket number...

?

Moira
Shopify Staff
2055 224 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @1fish2fish,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 

This is indeed a fraudulent email, you can forward any phishing emails you've received to Shopify's safety inbox at safety@shopify.com. By forwarding the phishing emails you receive we're able to build a record of attacks to better protect you and your information. 

I'd also like to share our help center resource on Protecting your account for added context when receiving phishing emails. Some key factors to look out for within these emails are:

• Overly general language.
  • Business messages from personal accounts.
  • Misspellings, poor grammar and style variations.
  • URL's that don't look legitimate.
  • Alarmist or overly excited tone. 

Going forward I recommend protecting your account by generating a unique password using a password vault and enabling two-step authentication. These steps can help by creating an added layer of protection for your account and keeping your information safe and secure. 

Feel free to thread any additional questions or concerns you may have here.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify

hanger
Shopify Partner
5 0 7

Just got the same email.

It looks so real, I almost opened the attachment.

Will be forwarding it to safety@shopify.com

FA_AUTO
Visitor
2 0 7

We received the exact same email i think:

We have received one(1) product fraud and two(2) non-delivery reports from your customers on 16th January 2023. Following one of the reports that stated products ordered on Friday 16th and Monday 26th of December are yet to be delivered which included proof of payments, we await your response. We advice you provide enough information to defend your store against this report.

Do note that Shopify does not support any form of Ecommerce fraud hence you are required to address this non-delivery report within two business days. We value your business, and we love to keep your store active. Kindly respond to this issue to avoid suspension on June 1st.

A form is attached to this mail containing more information on this report and requirements that will aid this investigation.

An agent "Bridget Monteclaro" has been assigned to the product fraud report and will assist you with the investigation and how to resolve this issue.

What happens when a store gets reported for fraud?

At Shopify we take fraud reports seriously hence we investigate these reports and when a store is found guilty of fraud for the first time Shopify issues a warning and monitors the concerned store closely.

If found guilty of fraud for the second time the concerned store gets deactivated without notification. Deactivated store data will be available for download after 30days.

Note: Store data will NOT include customers information!

Can a suspended Shopify store be restored?

Any Shopify store suspended for fraud cannot be restored and user cannot register a new Shopify account as the owner credentials will be blacklisted.

For more information on how Shopify deal with fraud, visit Shopify support center.

We've been getting weird "shopify" emails about fraud and chargebacks for the last 2 weeks.  The chargeback ones were almost convincing unfortunately.  Thanks for posting so it was quick and easy to determine the message we received wasn't legit 🙂