Weird "(1)" in front of the website title of the google search result

Violka
Tourist
6 0 1
  1. So my store's home page search result on Google has been fine for quite some time but today I discovered that now there is a weird "(1)" in front of my store's title in the search result. Please see the screenshot below. 

Violka_0-1640833520782.png

I have tried clearing my browser's cookie and trying on different computers, the result is the same. I am sure it was working before and this seems to occur suddenly. 

I have checked the page source code of the home page, the title tag is normal without the "(1)" and the preference setting in the Shopify backend is also without the "(1)". I use smart SEO for our SEO needs but there isn't a way to change the home page seo tags in the smart SEO app. So I really can't find out how this happened. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Replies 4 (4)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3072

Hi @Violka ,

Have you changed your meta title ?

It takes 90 days to crawl a new website, if you already have submitted sitemap to google and varified a domain.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Violka
Tourist
6 0 1

Well, I just check the review section of the Shopify Inbox app and many people are complaining about the same problem, adding (1) to all pages title. I am pretty sure we have integrated the inbox app for the last two months and this is the first time I saw this (1) problem. Not sure if this is a problem on Google or Shopify. 

pratimasr
6 0 0

I was also facing the same problem yesterday on my website i.e. www.bioayurveda.in & today it has been resolved. It just only happened due to chat box unread message. When you open your website on private window

ecom-heroes
Shopify Partner
5 1 1

Hello @Violka  

This issue is now resolved by Google automatically as stated in their SEO community forum. If your website still having this issue then it would be resolved in a couple of days. You can check what google personal said about the issue here.

EcomHeroes | Get Shopify Help for Small Tasks & Tweaks
If the reply is helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Need custom design and development solution Hire us.
For any queries feel free to contact us at info@ecomheroes.dev
Shopify Partner | Skype: vipin10agarwal1 | Website: EcomHeroes
Custom Shopify Store Setup | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Design | Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing