How can I handle multiple abandoned checkouts from different addresses?

abj
Tourist
12 0 3

yall..this is so weird idk what to do but i don't want this to cause me any trouble. this person somehow created all of these abandoned checkouts, with different addresses and emails. i was going to block them but i can't block them all and they evidently will just create another one.

please help

Reply 1 (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1168 129 181

Hey @abj!

Thanks for connecting with us here in the Shopify Community! 

I understand that you've recently noticed an influx in abandoned carts, each having the same name but different emails and addresses.

Thank you for sending us the screenshot of the abandoned checkouts, this is a great help. After taking a look at the screenshot, I can see that the name listed is a known bot name, no need to worry here as bots are unable to complete checkouts! Bots are able to create multiple customer accounts and abandoned checkouts, however we are unable to fully block them from your store, there's no easy means for a computer program to separate a bot from a real life customer. 

With all that being said, I do have some suggestions on how you can reduce bots on your storefront. Enable spam protection by going to online store > preferences > spam protection:

• Customer account creation/login/password reset
  • Newsletter email address entry + blog comment entry
  • Captcha at checkout (Plus merchants only)

Another option to look into is installing bot protection apps on your store. There is a wide range at this link here for you to take a look at. One app I might recommend is Shop protector here, which comes with a 14-day free trial to get you started! 

I'd also be interested to hear more about your business, what you are selling, and what your sales goals are for this year. Also, how do you plan to achieve your sales goals? If there are any resources I can share with you to help, I would be more than happy to assist!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog