What's the Best Way to Migrate to Shopify for my Situation.

vincentpoont2
Excursionist
46 0 15

I have a WordPress site company.com and a shop.company.com. I am trying to migrate to Shopify, at the same time getting rid of the current setup of having a separate WordPress site, so company.com will direct to the Shopify shop.

Anyone have tips on the best way to manage this? After linking my company.com domain to Shopify store, should I operate both store for a week or so to avoid issue with customers? Some customer will need to go to the old shop to track previous order.  There will also be people going to the old store from Google search. 

Anyone have tips on the best way to do this. 

Replies 4 (4)

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi @vincentpoont2

I would start with familiarizing yourself with how store migration works in general. This help document dives into everything you need to know from configuring your administrative settings to URL redirects and inviting your customers to your new website. 

Additionally, we have a guide specifically for migrating from WooCommerce which will have relevant steps for you as well. This guide covers crucial steps involving exporting and importing your data. 

Some other options to consider would be the use of third-party migration apps such as Matrixify and WooCommerce Migration. Matrixify also has a relevant tutorial worth reading here. Apps are a great way to automate the process to help reduce some of that work-load. However, if the process of migration feels overwhelming, you can always opt to hire a Shopify Expert to complete the process for you as well. Check out our Expert Marketplace to learn how to post a job and find the right developer for you.

Ultimately your method of migrating is up to you, though it's important to notify your customers via email and social media to prepare them for the change. Once you've imported your data your customers should be able to access their information right away on your new platform.

Hope that helps offer some direction. Once you're all set-up on Shopify, I suggest exploring how Shopify Email marketing works and sending our a welcome email to invite customers to explore your new website. 

Let me know if I can clarify any of the above or assist you any further!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Renars
Shopify Partner
284 31 332

Hey @vincentpoont2 

Renars here from Matrixify app.
Thank you for suggesting our app @Ren 

You sure can use our app to migrate your WordPress data to Shopify.

There are actually two tutorials that would be relevant for you:

We are happy to help you with this migration if any issues or questions come up during the process, so if anything - let our support know!

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app
vincentpoont2
Excursionist
46 0 15

Thank you for the reply. 

Actually I am not using WooCommerce. I am using a Chinese shop platform call ueeshop at the moment. I didn't see any good ways to migrate the data over. 

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Thanks for the reply, @vincentpoont2. My bad for assuming WooCommerce! They typically go hand-in-hand. 

Despite this, you can still follow the general migration tips here, though if you're wanting more support with this, I recommend browsing the Expert Marketplace for a Shopify Expert who is well-versed in migration and who may even be familiar with Ueeshop.

Do you have any specific concerns or questions about the process? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.