What's this "Expansion Tool" that created customers in my shop?

Solved
FrankLuisRavelo
1 0 0

I'm working on a Shopify store for a company and they just asked me why there are customers in their shop that they didn't approve, (since the account creation works by approval), and checking the accounts looks like they were created by the 'Expansion Tool', looking on the internet I can't find anything related to this tool or how it works, anyone knows about it? 

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 14.17.34.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 20 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @FrankLuisRavelo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some insight on the expansion tool, to get this resolved. The expansion tool is a feature exclusive to Shopify Plus merchants, that allows for the duplication of certain information from one store to another. I recommend checking out our Creating Stores Documentation as it touches further on this. 

If you recently reached out to our Support Team to have a shop duplicated, then customers may  have been included in the clone process. In the case you would like to remove certain customers, you can utilize the Bulk Editor to complete this. To achieve, you can:

• Head to Customers from the Shopify admin. 
  • To select customers one at a time, click the checkbox next to each customer you want to select.
  • Click More actions, and then click Delete Customers
  • Click Save

Please let me know if you have any other concerns! 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Blair
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
244 20 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @FrankLuisRavelo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some insight on the expansion tool, to get this resolved. The expansion tool is a feature exclusive to Shopify Plus merchants, that allows for the duplication of certain information from one store to another. I recommend checking out our Creating Stores Documentation as it touches further on this. 

If you recently reached out to our Support Team to have a shop duplicated, then customers may  have been included in the clone process. In the case you would like to remove certain customers, you can utilize the Bulk Editor to complete this. To achieve, you can:

• Head to Customers from the Shopify admin. 
  • To select customers one at a time, click the checkbox next to each customer you want to select.
  • Click More actions, and then click Delete Customers
  • Click Save

Please let me know if you have any other concerns! 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog