When items sold and discount applied this is not reflected in stock levels

Aimes
Visitor
3 0 0

Morning All,

I have found that when I apply a discount to a product or I discount at the end of a sale that those items aren't reflected in my stock levels as been sold.  I am using shopify to track my stock levels and when I do a stock take it does not tally.  I have seen this over a couple on months now so I have looked at specific things I know I have only sold a couple of and that I have discounted.  This has shown me that when I have discounted on specific products that they have not reflected in my stock levels.  Is there a box I need to tick or untick?  Please could someone shed light on what I need to do to resolve this.  Many thanks

Replies 2 (2)

HAPO-Gasper
Pathfinder
114 10 21

Hello @Aimes ,

The trouble you are facing with stock levels not reflecting discounted items as sold in Shopify seems like an annoying experience. Typically, Shopify should automatically adjust your stock levels when a sale is made, regardless of whether the item is sold at a discount or full price. \

If this isn't happening, there may be an issue with the settings or an app that's interfering with inventory management. Here's what you can check and do:

• Discounts and Inventory: Ensure that the discounts you're applying are set up to reduce the inventory. Sometimes, custom discount apps or settings may not adjust inventory levels properly.
  • App Interference: If you're using any third-party inventory or discount apps, they may be affecting how your stock levels are adjusted. Check the app settings or contact the app developers for support.
  • Shopify Settings: Review your Shopify admin settings to ensure that your products are set to track inventory and that there isn't a setting that is inadvertently preventing the inventory from being deducted.

If after checking these areas the issue persists, I would recommend reaching out to Shopify Support or considering hiring a Shopify expert. You can contact the HAPO team, we are always willing to help. 

In the meantime, please keep a close eye on your transactions and manual inventory adjustments to ensure your stock levels remain accurate.

If you found my answer helpful, please let me know by giving me a thumbs-up or marking it as a solution.

Maximize your store's potential with HAPO APPS – Manage data, boost sales, and enhance store visualization.

Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance!
Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to

https://www.linkedin.com/company/hapo-apps/

if you have any questions or need assistance!
Aimes
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Gasper, 

Thanks for trying to help.  

I will definitely try the things you suggested but could you tell me how to check some of these things.  

Could you point me in the right direction for checking that the discounts I'm applying are set up to reduce the inventory. 

Also, what am I looking for in shopify admin setting to ensure that my products are set to track inventory and that there isn't a setting that is inadvertently preventing the inventory from being deducted?

I'm not using a third app so it can't be that.  

Many thanks,

Amy