My website is velvil.com.
When I put velvil in google it shows my site at the top but in a strange way. It basically shows the header and logo on the side. I have already submitted the site for recrawling two times. Still the same. How can I fix this?
I do specialize on SEO. The reason why the site is showing "Velvil logo · PRODUCTS · CUSTOMIZATION · CLUB & CORPORATE ORDERS · ABOUT · SHIPPING & RETURNS · BLOG. Search. Log in Cart. Item added to your cart. View cart." on google is because, you do not have a meta description on your site.
Once you add the meta description, the google will display it on the google search page.
If you require someone to make this changes on the site, please do remember me.
Hi @Zev ,
The meta description is ok. When did the add the meta description? Because it can take upto 7-15 days to reflect iton google.
Also, I recomend you to update your meta title. Its not recomended to add domain name on the meta title.
1. Meta description has been there for 1.5 months.
2. I did not want to put keywords in the homepage title so I do not cannibalize my product pages, where I am trying to rank. Plus I like how the brand looks in the tab next to favicon. What is the danger of having a brand in the title? What should be there?
Hi @Zev ,
You should try adding a longer meta title and meta description. Usually, Google crawls the site, and if a proper descriptive meta title/description is not found in the meta tag, it automatically tries to extract metadata from the content of the site.
I believe this is exactly what happened on your home page. So, you should try to add a descriptive meta title and meta description.
While creating a meta title, try to follow bellow character count
1. Meta Title: 50–60 characters
Velvil - Unveiling Timeless Luxury in Every Stitch
VĖLVIL: Crafting Elegance in Utility - Premium Leather Goods
Luxury Redefined: Velvil - Crafting Timeless Leather Elegance
2. Meta Description: 155 characters [It should describe what your page is about]
Discover timeless luxury with Velvil's handcrafted leather goods. Elevate your lifestyle with premium materials and exquisite craftsmanship for lasting elegance.
Embrace enduring elegance with Velvil's curated collection of handcrafted leather goods. Elevate your personal style with luxury that stands the test of time.
Immerse yourself in the world of Velvil, where craftsmanship meets eco-conscious design. Discover refined leather creations that redefine luxury for a lifetime.
Here is what I did:
1. Meta Title: Designed in Germany. Handcrafted in Portugal. Built to last.
2. Meta Description: Customizable premium leather accessories and lifestyle products. A perfect gift that keeps on giving. We make things how they used to be made.
I also requested a recrawl.
Hope it solves it
hi Makka, I just checked Google Search and it is still showing the same header as before. Could it be something other than the Homepage meta description?
Hi @Zev ,
For the next step:
1. The metadescription on the site is >170 character. Try optimize meta description to <170 character.
2. Your site doesnot have a H1 tag. Try keeping a H1 tag on tht home page.
Thank you for the follow up! I just search for "velvil" on Google and it still shows the same awkward header. When I search for velvil.com it returns a lot of results. Some a clean some have the header below:
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023