Where can I translate the packing slip?

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

I would like to translate the text on the packing slip, but I can't find it in the translate section nor edit packing slip in the shipment section of settings. Help please?

Replies 18 (18)

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Anyone please?

Taylored
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm stuck with that problem aswell. Need my packing slip in another language.

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Hey Taylored, sorry to hear that. I haven't been able to figure it out unfortunately. I've posted several questions in the past 2 weeks and most didn't get any answers at all 😞

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Bump

Taylored
Visitor
2 0 0

Let's keep each other updated, haven't found a solution yet.

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Me neither, I guess our only hope is to keep bumping this thread until someone knowledgeable comes along lol.

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Bump

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Pleeeaase anyone. Can't I contact shopify customer support anywhere... I'm paying for it aren't I?

Aaronguitarguy
Excursionist
22 0 4

Bump...

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hi @Aaronguitarguy & @Taylored 

Apologies for the delayed response. Our Community is not constantly monitored by the support team here, so we may not get to every post. 

I'd like some more information on how you are currently creating/printing the packing slips: are you using an app such as the Order Printer app? Or would you be buying shipping labels directly from the admin using Shopify Shipping? Translations to the wording of your theme are found under Online Store > Actions > Edit Language, but the translations for packing slips would not be found there. Packing slips/shipping labels are not part of the theme. 

If I can gather more context on your current set-up, I'm sure I can guide you with how to translate them.

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HiperOcio
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, the translation we need is for packing_slip.pdf files. As you say, that is not in the theme translations.

Captura.PNG

Ava
Shopify Staff
1161 78 197

Hey, @HiperOcio!

Can I ask where this PDF file originated from? Are you using an app to create it? If so, the translation option may be in the app! If you could let me know more information about how your packing sips are created, I can see if there is a way to translate this. 

Speak soon!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

HiperOcio
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi, I managed to translate installing the print app.

Thanks for your help.

Megan_Green
Visitor
1 0 0

I struggled with finding a solution for this online as well too. I just figured this out today and hopefully it can work for some of you too. 

Packing slips can be edited via a free Order Printer app by Shopify. If you want more info on customizing the templates with that app you can find it here. If you're like me and prefer visual editors there is also an app called Order Printer Pro that lets you purchase templates for a cheap one time fee.  It lets you design in a visual editor and then it generates the new code for you. 

Note: going forward to print the new packing slips for an order you access it one of two ways.
1. Within the Orders tab, select the order you want a packing slip for and open it. Then select "more actions"  at the top and within the dropdown choose "print with order printer".
2. In the Apps tab, open the O
rder Printer app and then select your order number from the list there. 

If you want Automatic Language Detection:
My store is built in English and uses the Weglot translation app for French. This app tags each order with the language enabled during the checkout process which allows you to utilize their translating email templates tutorial making automated correspondences automatically send in the customers language. Then I used that same logic in within packing slip template and it worked perfectly. Orders placed in English generate a English packing slip and French orders generate a French packing slip. 

Best of Luck! 🙂

Muhammad11
Tourist
9 0 4

Can you please let me know briefly how you translated the packing slip? My store language is English and it is translated into Dutch by Weglot. I want the packing slip to be in a language that was used during the checkout and send the packing slip in the corresponding language. I have done this for order notification and email by methods suggested by Weglot. But i need help in doing the same with the packing slip. Can you please tell me how to do it?

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
234 6 54

Hi!

We are currently in the process of getting our shopify app reviewed, it's called Order Related Documents. 

it will allow you to create a packing slip (or any other document) and link it to a country 🙂 

this way you would be able to for instance have a fallback language english, and create country specific documents for france / germany etc..

You can get a preview on our support pages (which I'm currently making for this new app)

https://support.tom-it.nl/en/article/uploading-and-setting-up-pdf-file-1ffqsem/

You can also link documents to products, like product manuals or product ingredient sheets, then once an order is placed they can automatically get emailed to customers (or you can print them / send them with the order)

any feedback is appreciated

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Order Related Documents | Print documents, Email document &Autoprint
Blog Product Spotlight | Add products to your blog articles!

Thomas_Lang1
Shopify Partner
234 6 54

This app got approved a few months ago 🙂 https://apps.shopify.com/order-related-documents

you can create documents and link them to countries, products, product types and even order source

Software Developer | Owner of Tom IT - We build shopify apps
Marketplace Order Connector | Amazon bol.com & Walmart DSV
Order Related Documents | Print documents, Email document &Autoprint
Blog Product Spotlight | Add products to your blog articles!

GBIceland
Visitor
1 0 0

From my Shopify admin, I went to  to Settings > Shipping and delivery.

In the Packing slips section, click Edit.  Then I saw the Code for the packing slip and searched for lines that didn't have any (( or {{ and such in front or back (just lines of plain text with no symbols front or back). Then I replaced the text with the right translation.  But I recommend to press "preview template" after the first change, just to be sure that you are doing the right thing (and to see what words you should look for).

This worked for me.

Gudridur