Where to complain about a Shopify Customer support?

Where to complain about a Shopify Customer support?

WaraiOtoko
Visitor
2 0 9

When I get an unsatisfactory customer support - which is most of the time, is there any department to complain?

Replies 25 (25)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1200 125 151

Hi, @WaraiOtoko.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience, that's definitely not what we want for our merchants. In terms of the best way to share your feedback, I recommend contacting out Support team directly through the Help Center. You can send an email, start a live chat, or request a callback. You can let them know your experience, and the Support Advisor will be able to find the interaction you're talking about and send the feedback to the right team and/or supervisor. If you have a ticket number from the interaction you want to share the feedback about, that would also be helpful to provide them. Please let me know if you'd like any further information on how to do this!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. 

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

daroan
Tourist
4 0 9

The user has a issue with Customer Support and you suggest him to contact customer support ?

Are you guys joking ?

The services of Shopify is really great but the customer support is 0 = ZERO !!!

We can't get any help, they do not even read the documentation so when we contact them they have to read what we = customers already read several times. 

A joke.... I had several issues, last was today 31-MAR-2023 where the customer service point to same text on the documentation about "minor changes" on Shopify App Order Print and when I ask to make the TAX = 0 on a new template, he said that require hire someone to do... the App does not have anything else, NOTHING, just template... 

If the documentation offer minor changes, even suggest changes as add company logo... change a variable to 0 is minor !!!

I would love to add print screens of the chat but I believe Shopify would delete my post. 

PNCraftsMiche
Visitor
1 0 4

I was on a chat twice with customer support who was "looking into my website" to answer my questions for soooo long. It doesn't take a half hour to figure out how to change my drop shipping address from my own local address to DSers. What were they really doing with my time?? 

dreone73
Excursionist
13 0 9

Greta,

Your Shopify support team is set up with no Hierarchy so making a complaint about shopify support to shopify support is useless. We just lost half a day worth of sales because one of your reps, swore up and down that backup rates were only for international and my backup rates were supposed to be in my regular rates. She was so wrong it's not even funny, I even sent her back you help center articles showing her she was wrong and she stuck to her guns, we asked for this to be escalated and were told she told someone, but there's no accountability at all.

Greta
Shopify Staff
1200 125 151

Hi, @dreone73.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative support experience. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us address any issues and improve our support interactions.

Rest assured that our leads review feedback regularly to ensure we are continuously learning and improving. Although you may not be informed of the specific actions taken, please know that your feedback is taken seriously.

If your issue requires escalation to a specialized support team (different from a supervisor reviewing your feedback/complaint), the Support Advisor you're speaking to would be happy to connect you with that team.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify 

WaraiOtoko
Visitor
2 0 9

Pretty much the same as 1st response.

Using a template and reply - done.

FAIL.

dreone73
Excursionist
13 0 9

No they do not connect me when I ask, you guys are so unprofessional. The majority of your reps have zero idea what they are doing and are just reading from your help pages

Don
Shopify Staff
2782 199 393

Hi there, @dreone73!

Don here helping out now today.

Sorry to hear you feel you have not gotten the support you need thus far.

While we're not able to discuss your account info or the contents of your support tickets here publicly for security reasons, if you can share your support ticket number with us here we can have this reviewed internally for quality purposes.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this! 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 

dreone73
Excursionist
13 0 9

The ticket number is 43239464.

dreone73
Excursionist
13 0 9

That's just one of tons of problems

Don
Shopify Staff
2782 199 393

Hi again @dreone73!

Thanks for getting back to me here with your ticket number.

I will be able to use this to ensure your support experience is reviewed internally for quality purposes.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this with us!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 

dreone73
Excursionist
13 0 9

Hey Don, no one has replied about the last ticket, let me give you another one for the same damn problem that your company is completely unhelpful for. 43849777

I have been losing money for 4 straight days because of your HORRENDOUS customer service

Shay
Shopify Staff
3009 463 618

Hi @dreone73 

I appreciate you reaching out here as well for additional support. I did see you also made a new post about this and I have replied there. Please feel free to follow up on that thread with any additional information you are able to share. 

You can click here to find that thread as well. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 

worstsupport
Visitor
1 0 1

why you guys are so unprofessional at all? That phoebe from customer support regarding shopify payments is totally a non-professional, she just disabled my shopify payments, without asking me if I can provide any other documents in order to keep them on. Just turned off.

After a few days, facebook and instagram store were shut down because of that. Also, facebook ad manager was shut down. What is going on here, why the support is so poor???

Greta
Shopify Staff
1200 125 151

Hi, @worstsupport.

I'm sorry to hear about your support experience. I understand that is can be disappointing to have Shopify Payments removed from your account, especially if you didn't receive an explanation. I recommend responding to the email you received from us about Shopify Payments with any questions or feedback about the interaction. 

Thank you so much for sharing. 

Greta | Shopify 

islandgirlhhi
Tourist
6 0 0

Don, I need help ticket ID 47102761.  over ten days.  holding payouts from brick and mortar shop over $70,000 .

Cheryl

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2497 456 416

Hey @islandgirlhhi

Thanks for providing us with that ticket number. 

Since we do not have any internal access to store or account-specific information from the Community forums, we are unable to view the case. With that being said, if you have received a ticket number - I can assure you that you will receive a response from the team that is handling the situation. 

If you would like an update on the ticket, you will need to reach out to our live support by navigating to the Help Center. Once you arrive at the Help Center, you will need to make the virtual assistant be aware that would like to Speak with support.

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 

namitap80
Visitor
2 0 1

Hell0 Don,

Support sucks big time. The person was not able to help em with why my Indian customers debit cards were failing , when your support docs shared by the auto chat assistant said Gpay accepts only business debit cards. I asked him various followup questions after that and he ddi not answer, kept telling me to ask my custoemrs to chek with the bank. I asked him to check a few other things related to the same issue twice, he did not. When i told him i want to filw a complaint about him, it took me 20 tries before he said i have to write to shopify support so it is better i get his help. Also he kept acting innocent saying he has answered my questions and i am not letting him help him/ her.  dont know the gender. 

the name of this classic support person is Rae. He akso deleted his name and introduction from the chat, when i said i would complain about him. Shoudl they do that? What kind of people have you employed?

If you give me a standard answerthat sorry to hear about your experience and that you did not get the support you need. It is a bunch of crap- it is not the support I need, it is the support you are meant to provide.

I had to finally end the chat as that is what he wanted. Now the chat log does not show in my support log either and there is no ticket for me to show you. 

cristrod817
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

I believe they have AI doing the support chats since they all sound identical or trained to reply in similar ways.  There are no concerns for resolving critical issues.  My SERIOUS error which is now prohibiting uploads of images via their CSV format does not work any longer and refuses to give a status if they are going to fix.  All they do is recommend APPS which are cumbersome and at an exorbitant monthly fees.  It has become a cesspool of non-technical personnel.  😞 😡

It's been four weeks I have to revert to manually uploading images to our variants.  Shopify is going downhill ever since it went public.  No management whatsoever can be reached.  They have us by the b___s.    

cristrod817
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Namitap80:

I upload images everyday from Dropbox until Shopify’s CSV Upload broke too.  It took about 1.5 months to Shopify to get it fixed.  Where do you get your images from and the format of the https?  Let see if I can assist.  

islandgirlhhi
Tourist
6 0 0

Greta,

please help me

ticket ID 47102761

cheryl

MattZ
Tourist
4 0 1

They don't care and send ready formulas and tickets to another ticket. Do you want to know how much I have lost due to their amazing support? Shopify support 8 years ago was totally different - now they have even cut the lines and we can only chat with them. It's really annoying when you have to wait a long time for a chat advisor response or be and wait in a queue, and then start all over again. It's a waste of time and, to me, this is unacceptable, especially for a large e-commerce hosting platform. No way!

EPW2023
Visitor
2 0 1

I just left Square for Shopify and had my first interaction with one of your "Advisors" safe to say i am going back to square no matter how good Shopify features might be... so useless and disappointing 

EPW2023
Visitor
2 0 1

I just left Square for Shopify and had my first interaction with one of their "Advisors" safe to say i am going back to square no matter how good Shopify features might be... so useless and disappointing 

e_a_c
Tourist
5 0 0

We've had a support thread going with Shopify Reps for about a year, covering many different and many repeat and related issues, dealing with approximately twenty separate support advisors. Most issues started around the 2023 December holidays with missing packages, odd payout, and funds release timeline issues concerning DHL Markets Pro handled orders. We've continued to deal with problems with some orders since December and one since August 2023(almost 11 months ago) regarding DHL eCommerce Markets Pro claims. We've informed Shopify that we will consider all matters closed at the end of this week, as we want to give them one more shot at resolving our problems since they so awkwardly appear to forget or not fully understand the issues when they announce "final resolution" details, despite us sharing the details many times in the same support thread over many months. We suspect Shopify is ignoring the pertinent information and simply hope we will disappear. It's not a good feeling to know that a service provider we've worked with for over five years and paid top dollar for isn't willing to resolve issues caused by the service provider themselves(Shopify/Globalee) respectfully or their partner organizations(DHL eCommerce, DHL Worldwide). I'm researching to understand the most effective ways to share our grievances with the public and consumer affairs agencies and various review sites, as I said I would in the support thread with Shopify. Besides threads here, Yelp, Reddit, Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, https://dos.ny.gov/file-consumer-complaint, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Ripoff Report, Planet Feedback, Pissed Consumer, Resolver, Quora, and Social Media, I'm interested to know of any other paths other Shopify customers have taken to share their grievances or to attempt to rectify issues that Shopify Support Representatives settle on, shy of meaningful and fair resolutions to their customers. Starting next week, I will begin sharing details publicly. Thanks for any help. - EC