Which one is the best way to hide soldout products without 404?

Meikim
5 0 0

Hi Guys,

I have sold out product problem. I've deleted over 4000 soldout products and I got over 4000 of 404 issue. I was so stupid.

So I found several questions and answers about it but I want to make sure clearly.

There are 2 ways,
1. Hide product via automatic collection by q'ty like greater than 0.

2. Disable sales channels.

Both solutions don't make 404 anymore?

Please answer me if anyone knows about it. Please please.

Thank you

Replies 4 (4)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @Meikim.

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear that you have accidentally deleted the sold out products from your store. I think the first method would be the best take in this situation. If you have deleted the sold out products the links to the products on the online store will lead to a 404 error due to the products no longer being available on the store. You can in fact hide your out-of-stock products by creating a condition on an automatic collection like the one in this image:

all-conditions-249185563c149ae07fd893599e80d3db9038b3b1b17d071a949d755b4af205ad

With that being said, when the store detects that a product is no longer in stock it will then be removed from the collection. Thus, making it not available on the online store for your customers to view. Alternatively, you can look towards using a third-party application as well to have out-of-stock products hidden on the online store. I put together some recommendations, feel free to check them out:

Let me know what you think.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Meikim
5 0 0

Thank you Ollie, I'm happy to hear your reply.
OK. That's the solution, #1.
In my case, I should do it manually because I have products that need to be live in the store with status sold out. Anyway, I will do that.
So there will be no 404 issues in that way because its URL is still live on google, is it right?

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
85 0 17

Hey @Meikim,

If you have products that need to be in your collections as out of stock and not hidden, feel free to check out my app PushLast.com. This will allow you to automatically push out of stock products to the end of your collections so you:

1. Can keep out of stock products at the end of collections which will not take up valuable selling space

2. Avoid 404 pages

3. Keep the SEO from the out of stock products

I hope this helps. 

Let me know if you have any questions,

Henry

hacketyapps
Shopify Partner
38 2 5

With our app, you can set up delist rules for select products or all products to have them unpublished (hidden), deleted or archived. It also supports putting a product in draft mode but we don't recommend that status for SEO.

Delist Automation