Re: Wholesale & Retail listings on Shopify Question

Solved

Wholesale & Retail listings on Shopify Question

FizzyBizz1A
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello - The business I work for has their product line listed for both retail (DTC) and wholesale shopping. Is there a simple way to separate the two options and field them so we can determine separate revenue totals for each for reporting?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1121 99 200

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FizzyBizz1A.

I hope your day is going well, thanks for posting! You could achieve separate sales data based off few native options. For example, you can separate this data by vendor. if you mark your direct to customer products vendor as a "DTC", and wholesale products as "wholesale," you could utilize the Sales by Vendor report. That being said, this report is only available on the Shopify plan and higher.

To change your products vendor, simply open your product in Shopify, and scroll down to Product Organization. Here you can update the vendor. You can also change the products vendor in bulk via CSV, or with the built in Bulk Editor. 

Another option, would be to migrate your wholesale sales to Handshake. Handshake is Shopify's Business to Business marketplace. It allows retailers to browse and purchase wholesale products from businesses such as yours. There are no fees to use Handshake, and you can link your wholesale shopping directly on your website. With this option, you can separate your data by Sales Channel. 

Lastly, there is the option of using an app such as Advanced Reports. This will allow you to set up your own custom reports, without needing to upgrade your Shopify plan.

In the meantime please let me know if you have anymore questions. Also, feel free to provide your domain so that I can take a peek and provide any additional support or feedback.

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

convertito
Visitor
2 0 0

It's my understanding that reporting on customer tags is not supported by Shopify natively, but if you tag the DTC customers something like "DTC" then you can use an app like EZ Exporter to break out revenue by tag.

Skye
Shopify Staff
1121 99 200

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FizzyBizz1A.

I hope your day is going well, thanks for posting! You could achieve separate sales data based off few native options. For example, you can separate this data by vendor. if you mark your direct to customer products vendor as a "DTC", and wholesale products as "wholesale," you could utilize the Sales by Vendor report. That being said, this report is only available on the Shopify plan and higher.

To change your products vendor, simply open your product in Shopify, and scroll down to Product Organization. Here you can update the vendor. You can also change the products vendor in bulk via CSV, or with the built in Bulk Editor. 

Another option, would be to migrate your wholesale sales to Handshake. Handshake is Shopify's Business to Business marketplace. It allows retailers to browse and purchase wholesale products from businesses such as yours. There are no fees to use Handshake, and you can link your wholesale shopping directly on your website. With this option, you can separate your data by Sales Channel. 

Lastly, there is the option of using an app such as Advanced Reports. This will allow you to set up your own custom reports, without needing to upgrade your Shopify plan.

In the meantime please let me know if you have anymore questions. Also, feel free to provide your domain so that I can take a peek and provide any additional support or feedback.

FizzyBizz1A
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you, Skye. That was helpful.

Our domain is shop.venasfizzhouse.com. Please provide any additional feedback.

Thanks!

Mary Jo

Skye
Shopify Staff
1121 99 200

Hi, @FizzyBizz1A.

I'm glad that helped! I took a look at the site and its fantastic! You really have all your bases covered and there is not a lot I can add! One thing I did notice, however, is you are missing legal policies. These are important to have as it builds trust with your customers. This makes visitors feel confident making a purchase, which will increase conversions. 

We have a great help guide to get you started, and for the trickier policies like your Privacy Policy, we have pre-built templates available under Settings > Legal.

Another piece of advice I can offer is to adjust your product descriptions. You have amazing, artisan products that deserve a captivating description! For example, your Maine Made Apple Cider Syrup's description is "Use for vinaigrettes, marinades, teas, sweet breads, cocktails and soda mixers." Tell me more! By adding product benefits such as flavor notes into your product description, your store becomes more likely to convert the casual viewer. Check out our guide on how to write words that sell!

Lastly, have you thought about adding a newsletter pop up at all? Popups are a great tool to not only build a customer list, but a great way to convert traffic into sales. A great way to utilize a pop up would be to request customers sign up with their email to your mailing list to receive a 10% off coupon. A great popup app, which also has a free plan, is Privy! You can check it out here.

FizzyBizz1A
Tourist
8 0 1

Thanks so much! Super helpful. Cheers!