Why Am I Getting a Shop Pay Code text when I was not making a purchase on any website

Solved
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2930 380 589

This is an accepted solution.

@Cherryz426 @Matt78209 

If you are using the proper format and it is showing as an invalid number then please reach out to our Support so they can collect your information to have this reviewed. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
TerryQ
1 0 0

I have never had an account with Shopify until right now...had to make it to reply to this message. I keep getting Shop Pay texts as well...I feel like someone is trying to use my info, but can't because they need the code, at least, I hope they can't use my info. This is not the first time this had happened.

@Trevor wrote:

@Cherryz426 @Matt78209 

If you are using the proper format and it is showing as an invalid number then please reach out to our Support so they can collect your information to have this reviewed. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes
karsoseth
2 0 0

@Trevor wrote:

Hi, @clupper

Great question! It's a fairly common occurrence that someone accidentally enters in the wrong information when setting up Shop Pay. All it takes is hitting one number incorrectly to have the confirmation texts sent to the wrong number. I can assure you that it is not someone trying to process a fraudulent order, but rather someone trying to utilize a quick, and efficient feature that allows them to check out on Shopify stores within seconds.

I'd welcome you to learn more about Shop Pay here as it does provide benefits to you as a consumer if you shop online! That said, as your number was entered in by accident by someone else, you can use our opt-out form here to remove your number from our system until you're ready to set it up in the future. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you for your input. 

0 Likes
karsoseth
2 0 0

@karsoseth wrote:

@Trevor wrote:

Hi, @clupper

Great question! It's a fairly common occurrence that someone accidentally enters in the wrong information when setting up Shop Pay. All it takes is hitting one number incorrectly to have the confirmation texts sent to the wrong number. I can assure you that it is not someone trying to process a fraudulent order, but rather someone trying to utilize a quick, and efficient feature that allows them to check out on Shopify stores within seconds.

I'd welcome you to learn more about Shop Pay here as it does provide benefits to you as a consumer if you shop online! That said, as your number was entered in by accident by someone else, you can use our opt-out form here to remove your number from our system until you're ready to set it up in the future. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Have gone through shop features.

0 Likes