Why are TikTok ads bringing traffic but no sales on my fidget rings store?

Solved

Why are TikTok ads bringing traffic but no sales on my fidget rings store?

bp12
Visitor
1 0 0

I've recently set up TikTok ads which have sent some traffic to my store about 500 visitors. Despite this, I have not reached a single sale or even 'add-to carts.' The product (fidget rings) seems to be appealing as it's getting a lot of clicks on TikTok (2300 clicks and 5000 impressions), in just under two days of advertising. I'm struggling to figure out what's wrong with my store, advice would be much appreciated!

www.luxfidgetrings.com

Accepted Solution (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1897 213 341

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @bp12. Thanks so much for jumping into the Shopify Community today with your question! It's awesome to meet you. 

Firstly, congratulations on running such a successful advertising campaign! I constantly tell folks that they should try using TikTok for marketing and you're a perfect example of why it's such a successful social media platform to try advertising on. Further, congrats on finding such an appealing product! Folks spend loads of time trying to find a product that's going to sell and be popular, and I think you're on to something here with these rings!

I jumped into your store as if I were a customer, and tested the flow from Homepage to Checkout to see if I could identify any errors. There were no clear errors to suggest there is anything wrong with the flow! However, I did notice some things that I think are leading to this issue you're having with no sales but lots of traffic:

• When in your checkout, it says that you currently only ship to Australia. Is this correct? If not, you'll absolutely want to revisit your shipping settings and your Shopify Markets settings to ensure you have things set up to sell to your desired locales.
  • It did take me a bit of time to figure out where to find your products. The more clicks there are from Homepage to Cart, the less likely a customer is to actually complete a purchase. I think it would be helpful if you had a Featured Product section added to the top of your home page, or where your 'Featured Collection' section currently is. If you need some instructions on how to do this, just let me know!

I've seen a few examples of one product stores that literally just have the homepage being a glorified product page, only housing a 'Featured Product' section. These types of pages convert very well for one-product stores that advertise on viral media platforms like TikTok because of how few clicks it takes to reach the checkout. 

I think you'll find a lot of success with the 'Featured Product' section idea! Eventually, you'll end up having the fun issue of re-capturing abandoned carts! I recommend that you check out these resources on conversion here because it'll help you preemptively prepare for these sorts of situations!

If you'd like to chat more about your business, or want to ask for some additional feedback, feel free to let me know! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1897 213 341

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @bp12. Thanks so much for jumping into the Shopify Community today with your question! It's awesome to meet you. 

Firstly, congratulations on running such a successful advertising campaign! I constantly tell folks that they should try using TikTok for marketing and you're a perfect example of why it's such a successful social media platform to try advertising on. Further, congrats on finding such an appealing product! Folks spend loads of time trying to find a product that's going to sell and be popular, and I think you're on to something here with these rings!

I jumped into your store as if I were a customer, and tested the flow from Homepage to Checkout to see if I could identify any errors. There were no clear errors to suggest there is anything wrong with the flow! However, I did notice some things that I think are leading to this issue you're having with no sales but lots of traffic:

• When in your checkout, it says that you currently only ship to Australia. Is this correct? If not, you'll absolutely want to revisit your shipping settings and your Shopify Markets settings to ensure you have things set up to sell to your desired locales.
  • It did take me a bit of time to figure out where to find your products. The more clicks there are from Homepage to Cart, the less likely a customer is to actually complete a purchase. I think it would be helpful if you had a Featured Product section added to the top of your home page, or where your 'Featured Collection' section currently is. If you need some instructions on how to do this, just let me know!

I've seen a few examples of one product stores that literally just have the homepage being a glorified product page, only housing a 'Featured Product' section. These types of pages convert very well for one-product stores that advertise on viral media platforms like TikTok because of how few clicks it takes to reach the checkout. 

I think you'll find a lot of success with the 'Featured Product' section idea! Eventually, you'll end up having the fun issue of re-capturing abandoned carts! I recommend that you check out these resources on conversion here because it'll help you preemptively prepare for these sorts of situations!

If you'd like to chat more about your business, or want to ask for some additional feedback, feel free to let me know! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Preethy
Shopify Partner
15 0 12

Hello, I think you've got great suggestions here. Try https://apps.shopify.com/Argoid to include a Trending or Bestsellers or New Arrivals section/ribbon on your homepage

https://apps.shopify.com/Argoid
9X ROI with cross sell, upsell, email recommendations, Smart Search