Why can't I access my account on the platform?

Why can't I access my account on the platform?

Stephamp
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello community,

As the title suggests, I cannot log into my account. When I try to, I continuously get a page that says my log in email address doesn’t have permission to view this page and to try using a different account or go back to the store list page. When I try to go to support for help, it doesn’t load. It says there’s a technical problem with the Shopify help center that prevents this page from loading. Please go back to the help center homepage or try reloading this page. Which I cannot do either because it doesn’t load to begin with. This has been going on at least since yesterday. 

I have tried accessing my account through the Shopify app, and it’s basically the same results. Only, it says to log in to my account to get help from support. 

I’ve tried different devices, and that didn’t work as well. I’m trying to look for a phone number or live chat so I can get ahold of someone, but I can only find one for the sales team for Shopify plus. Is there no customer support?

how can I access my account so I can access my store?

Thanks everyone.

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
2036 264 239

Hi @Stephamp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I'm happy to provide some assistance with this request, to ensure it gets resolved. To confirm I'm fully understanding, are you listed as the Account Owner for the shop?

While you have completed a few troubleshooting steps already, I encourage you to attempt a few more. This will allow us to determine whether or not the issue may be related to a browser error. For ease, I've gone ahead and listed those steps below: 

• Try clearing your Cache and Cookies.
  • Try accessing the shop from an Incognito Tab.
  • Try using Another Browser (i.e Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc).
  • Make sure your device is Up To Date. 
  • Try accessing using a different cellular network (i.e not connected to wifi).

If after attempting all of the steps outlined above, the issue persists, please try Contacting Us through this link. This will allow our advisor team to take a closer look and ensure it's resolved as quickly as possible. 

Alternatively, if you are listed as a Staff Member on the shop, I'd encourage you to connect with the shop's Account Owner directly. This will allow them to confirm that you have the necessary permissions to view and access those pages. We have a great Staff Permissions document that touches on this further, that I'd recommend checking out.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog