Why can't I add more than one color variant?

steffenh
Visitor
2 0 1

I have a simple listing of a sweatshirt and I offer it in two different colors. When I go to Edit Options>Add Another Option it is only allowing me to add one color. I understand you can not use commas but once I hit enter it just enters the one color and does not allow for a second one to be added. How do I resolve this?

Replies 5 (5)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Are you referring to this method of adding variants:

variants.png

After you hit enter you can type another variant in and keep adding.

Regards

Tom

pdcowner
Tourist
4 0 1

I am having the same issue. After looking pretty extensively, there isn't anything covering this issue. When you create a new product, you get the screen you snapped a pic of. But after you create a product and you go to add an option, lets say long sleeve/short sleeve. You can not. I am having the same issue as original poster. Im currently looking at having to make a duplicate from scratch to get the options to add different variants to show. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.37.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-15 at 1.37.59 PM.png 

steffenh
Visitor
2 0 1
I ended up finding out my issue and it was just user-error. I was not
selecting SAVE in the top right hand-corner after adding the option. Then
when I selected add variant it wasn't saved and nothing was there.
Hopefully you're able to solve the issue you're having.
productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

There seem to be 2 different UI options. I have included both styles here from two different stores.

Original version

When you add a second option you can only one value so this is then applied to all the existing variants. You then can save the product and add new variants one at a time and select between the different options and add new values for them.

options_old.png

New version

In this new style in admin the interface actually lets you add multiple values to a new option and then configures/creates all variants with all possible variant options based on all values.

options_new.png

Adding a comma on new option creates a new row and doesn't error as in the previous version when you would add a comma.

Regards

Tom

pdcowner
Tourist
4 0 1

I ended up having to recreate the product to add the options I needed. So my question is, you're showing a screen shot of a second UI area, how/where are you accessing it on an existing product?

Thank you for responding.