FROM CACHE - en_header
Return management just got easier! We’ve launched Customer Self-Serve Returns to all Shopify merchants. Click here to learn more!

Why customer/update webhook does not fire up on newsletter subcription action ?

salesmanago
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello, 

recently I've noticed that my app does not set properly newsletter status (opt-in/opt-out) when newsletter subscription take place (from storefront footer). After inspection here it is what I've noticed: shopify does not send customer/update webhook after subscription action.

Previously it was a standard that during this action shopify sends 2 webhooks (customer/create & customer/update) and due to few reasons I applied setting opt-in/opt-out status from customer/update webhook instead of customer/create. 

What have changed ? Is there some information about this change? 

Lastly I updated my API version to: 2022-04

Replies 2 (2)
Niyeepo
Excursionist
201 14 24

It is possible that Shopify has made changes to their webhooks and no longer sends the customer/update webhook upon newsletter subscription. I would recommend checking the Shopify documentation or reaching out to their support team to confirm if this is the case and if there are any alternative ways to set the opt-in/opt-out status for newsletter subscriptions. Additionally, you can look for the update information of the Shopify API version that you are using, or check for the deprecation of the customer/update webhook.

5diamond
Niyeepo
Excursionist
201 14 24

@salesmanago Let me know if you find this as the solution and if there are other problems to solve

5diamond