Why do I have so few Abandoned carts?

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4

I see abandoned carts every other day and have a store that has been running on Shopify for 6 years and yet there are less than 250 abandoned carts showing up with no filters. They span over the 6 years but I expected to see closer to 10,000 not just 250. What gives? Is Shopify removing some of them?

Replies 5 (5)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @Awerbuch1.

As mentioned on our help guide here, abandoned checkouts within a store's Shopify admin are only retained for three months. Those that are older than three months are removed from your admin every Monday.

If you're interested to read more about abandoned checkouts, I recommend taking a look at the following blogs to help with your abandoned checkout strategies:

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi @Kimi 

That would make sense except that there are still records from June 2020 (more than 3 months ago)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Thanks for getting back to me, @Awerbuch1.

Are you able to get in touch with our live support team please, just so that we can take a closer look at your account from our end. From there, our team should be able to investigate this matter further.

To reach out to our support team, you can go to our help centre here and either login to your account if you can do so, or select the 'Continue without logging in' option. From there, type in your question or the topic you need help with. After that, you should see the 'Get Support' heading at the very bottom of the page, and you can click 'Continue' to start a support request.

Awerbuch1
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi Kimi

I got an explanation - the abandoned carts that are older than 3 months are retained of there is transactional activity by the customer. Still it would be great to be able to retrieve 24 months of activity for analysis

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Ah I see, thanks for coming back to this post to share that information with us @Awerbuch1.

Totally understand your use case of wanting to analyse previous abandoned checkouts, though. I'll relay your feedback to our developers. We're always looking to improve our platform, and it's made possible by feedback shared to us from merchants like yourself. So we really appreciate you in sharing your thoughts here with us!

Feel free to bookmark our changelog here to keep an eye out for any updates to our platform.