Why doesn't Shopify include a feature to collect RUT numbers for Chilean customers?

EasterrnLeong
Visitor
2 0 3

Shopify can collect personal information (like tax ID) for customers from South Korea, Brazil, and China, making fulfillment easier.

However, Chilean customers also need some personal details to proceed with fulfillment. It is quite a hassle to manually ask by email to Chilean customer to get the RUT number. Is it possible Shopify could add this feature to collect RUT numbers for Chilean customers, similar to South Korea, Brazil, and China customers?

Replies 6 (6)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @EasterrnLeong,

Thanks for reaching out and giving your feedback on this. I have gone ahead and created a feature request for this on your behalf as I can see how it could benefit your store/ business being based in Chile. 

If there is any other feedback, please let me know and I will add it to the request. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

EasterrnLeong
Visitor
2 0 3

Thanks, Nick. It definitely helps all of the Shopify users who have Chilean customers in their hands. Thanks.

imartsekha
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Nick, any update about this feature request? 

GlovChile1
Visitor
1 0 0

the same thing happens to us. we need an urgent solution!

Afairy
Tourist
5 0 4

Is there any update to this? It is indeed a hassle to reach out to each Chilean customer for their tax number.

Victor_bustos
Shopify Partner
21 0 2

Hello ? you solve it ? it is 2023 and still same problem ? 

The only way is asking to customer later ?