Why is my Instagram account disabled when i try setting up instagram shopping?

DesignerKarpati
Visitor
3 0 1

Hey Guys! I've been migrating my company's e-commerce shop from WooCommerce to Shopify. We had to set up a new domain since our old one was a subdomain and we couldn't move it over without moving the main domain which is already up and running on WordPress. But when I try setting up Instagram Shopping under the Facebook sales channel, the IG account that I need to connect @karpatiskinclinic is greyed out and disabled. Please help!

Our Instagram profile under the shopping tab seems a little buggy as well. I have a notification saying "You've lost access to shopping features. Confirm some info to get your tags back" and when I click on it and it goes to a page saying "thank you for confirming your catalog." I'm very confused as to what is happening.

Replies 6 (6)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@DesignerKarpati 

Most Facebook and Instagram related issues can be resolved by having the proper permissions. Our Facebook Table of Contents provides all the steps needed to ensure you have the proper permissions so you can successfully connect the Facebook and Instagram sales channels. 

You may also need to "report a problem" from the Instagram app if you're experiencing issues with the shopping tab. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BeerMoney
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello!  I just had the same problem.  I found that my Instagram account was not in Commerce Manager in Facebook. 

Once I added it there, I had to log out of Shopify and then log in again and then poof, I was able to connect my Instagram account.

I hope this helps you.

Bbb00876
Visitor
2 0 0

Me too, SUPER ANNOYING. This happens several times a day for the last few weeks. I’ve basically given up and no longer try tagging products. IG and FB support are non-existant. I just hope someday they care enough to fix it bc it’s not worth climbing this sand hill.

johnkacang
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi ! I have the exact same issue and I'm so so over it. I spent so much time trying to do things right and not a single answer or help from Facebook.. It's so frustrating ! Did you end up with a solution ?! I had it working then One day had this message "You've lost access to shopping features. Confirm some info to get your tags back" and when I click on it and it goes to a page saying "thank you for confirming your catalog." but It was simply disabled and now my Instagram account is greyed out and disabled, so so so so annoying ! 

BeerMoney
Visitor
2 0 1
Hi johnkacang,

I feel your pain. In my case, I had to add my Instagram account to
Commerce Manager in Facebook.
Things have changed a bit with Meta.
You may already know how to find it, but just in case - go to your FB page
and click on the Manage button, then Business Apps and lastly Commerce.
That will take you to the Commerce Manager where you can add your Instagram
account.
I'm hoping this is your issue as it was an easy fix for me.
Though it took me forever to figure it out and like you, no solution from
Facebook support. Best wishes!
DesignerKarpati
Visitor
3 0 1

Heya! I resolved this issue Dec last year, but I think I remember that I had to change the Shopping Domain URL that was on my Instagram account to my new domain, and I think that was the main thing that fixed it up. It took about a day or 2 to roll over but have a look and make sure the settings are correct. On the Instagram app Go to Settings > Business > Shopping > Website and check to see if the URL displayed is the correct one.

I hope this helps!