Why is my SSL still pending after several days?

Fluidpro
12 0 0

Hi,

We have had our DNS set up with Shopify so it now points to our domain: fluidproshop.com.au

I now have a notification saying the SSL is pending, and it has been like this for several days. 

I updated the AAAA record in my domain provider as shown:

Shopify instructions:

Fluidpro_0-1709154494298.png

In domain provider (Crazy Domains):

Fluidpro_1-1709154549254.png

It looks right unless I wasn't meant to put those extra colons in. 

Is there a reason this isn't working? Also I should mention this website already had an SSL through the domain provider, might this be why the Shopify one isn't going through? 

Thanks! 

Replies 11 (11)

ssdc
Shopify Expert
29 1 4

heya, you have to remove the AAAA record first. then remove the domain in shopify and add it again. hope this works

Shopify Expert based in Indonesia. Visit our website ssdc.co
Fluidpro
12 0 0

Thanks for the response.

I'm a bit wary of removing the domain as it took so long to get Shopify to accept it in the first place. 

Which AAAA record do I need to remove? I only have the one shopify told me to put in.

Thanks

ssdc
Shopify Expert
29 1 4

Heya, just remove it all. No AAAA records needed. Then remove the domain in shopify and add it again.

Fluidpro
12 0 0

Thanks,

the only problem is we didn't have an AAAA record in the first place and it asked us to add this one in. Now it is still saying we need it.

I will try this though and see.

Thanks

Shay
Shopify Staff
2928 455 602

Hey there! Thank you for those screenshots of your current DNS settings. While previously we did not support AAAA records we have made some changes to how domain DNS works with Shopify and we do now support and require AAAA records for domains. When adding the AAAA record you do want those extra colons at the end of it:

2620:0127:f00f:5:: 

Once that has been added, it can take up to 48 hours for the domain's SSL certificate to finish provisioning. If that is not the case then please connect with our authenticated support chat in our Help Center for further assistance, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center and open the AI chat window to get started. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Fluidpro
12 0 0

Thank you so much Shay 🙂

Just wanted to double check, the link above you've provided says 

2620:0127:f00f:5:: 

The one Shopify provided in the back end was:

2620:0127:f00f:8:: 

and when I tried to speak to a Shopify support person yesterday they gave me:

2620:0127:f00f:a:: 

Which one of these is the one I need to use?

Thanks

Erin
Shopify Staff
986 131 157

Great question! I can understand how that would be confusing. It would be best to use the one specifically recommended to you in your Shopify admin, so in this case please use:

2620:0127:F00F:8:: 

If you have any more questions please let us know! 

Erin | Shopify 

Fluidpro
12 0 0

Thanks Erin,

I have now put it in as follows:

Fluidpro_0-1709847919082.png

Is there anything else I need to do? I originally had this one in and it was sat pending for over a week (it's now been 2 weeks total). 

Is the fact that this domain had an SSL on our domains provider possibly making it an issue? 

Thanks

ssdc
Shopify Expert
29 1 4

Hey, did you even try my way? If not, please give it a try first. Remove all AAAA records, then remove the domain in shopify and add it again. The SSL usually approved within minutes.

Fluidpro
12 0 0

Hi,

I am planning to try your way, but I just want to know whether we need to get rid of the existing SSL from our domain provider first, and if that is the reason it's being blocked. 

If I don't need to remove that I'll try your way this week without doing anything else. 

If it does need removing, I just need to know first, or re-adding the domain might just create the exact same problem. So I need to know whether the domain provider's existing  SSL needs removing or not before I remove the domain. 

I can't get an answer on this from either Shopify or my domain provider. 

Greta
Shopify Staff
1140 122 147

Hi, @Fluidpro!

Everything you showed from the screenshot looks correct. If you still have questions or the domain remains pending, feel free to get in touch with our live support team through the Help Center so we can look into this further. Simply enter the details of your question into the chat assistant and click I still need help to be connected with a Support Advisor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify