Why is my website suddenly showing DNS server issues?

Indiancreekmerc
Visitor
3 0 0

My website has been down since yesterday afternoon. My domain was purchased from go daddy and the website has been up for over a month. It just all the sudden stopped working and now says my dns server isn’t pointing to Shopify. Nothing was changed so I don’t understand why it’s not working   It also isn’t forwarding to my Shopify it’s just showing the go daddy home page for my site and says coming soon 

Replies 7 (7)

topnewyork
Navigator
289 32 44

Hi, @Indiancreekmerc 

hello sir it is and big problem you have to hire a developer for inspect all thing it take time if you want you can hire me 

thank You

Need a Shopify developer?
Hire us at topnewyorkwebdesign.com
For Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Coding | Custom Modifications
Subscribe to our youtube channel

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 89 146

Hello @Indiancreekmerc 

Welcome to the Shopify Community.

I understand that your store has been inaccessible since yesterday, which is certainly not an ideal situation! I would be happy to help you troubleshoot this here.

Thank you for confirming that you are using a third-party domain from GoDaddy, and that it has been working for over a month prior to this issue. Were you able to double check the DNS settings on your GoDaddy account to make sure that they still adhere to the specification outlined on this resource

• A record - pointing to the Shopify IP address of 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME record - with the name www to shops.myshopify.com.

You will need to log into GoDaddy directly and navigate to the DNS management section of your account to view and edit the DNS records. If you are having difficulty with this, then consider contacting GoDaddy support directly for assistance - they may also be able to confirm any issues or outages regarding this domain.

I would also recommend logging into your Shopify admin, and navigating to the Settings > Domains section. Here you should see the domain in question, and you can check to see if there are any errors or warning messages there which could explain what is happening.

If you are comfortable doing so, feel free to share your domain URL here and I can check it from my side to see if I experience the same type of behavior. Let me know how the above troubleshooting goes, and if necessary we can continue working through this here after you provide some more information. You can also contact our team directly at any time via our help center.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Indiancreekmerc
Visitor
3 0 0
I have checked dns on go daddy and it is correct. I’ve checked the domains
on Shopify and it says cname record doesn’t point to Shopify even though it
does.

www.indiancreekmercantile.co

Thank you
Casey Phillips
Rick
Shopify Staff
946 89 146

Hi @Indiancreekmerc 

Thanks for getting back with this information!

I checked your store link, and as you can see in this screenshot here, it appears to load OK for me - your store is working fine on my side and I can access it without issue. Are you still experiencing an issue where the store is completely inaccessible for you?

I had a look at the DNS setup for your domain, and it would appear that the A Record here is indeed correct and functioning as normal. However, as you can see here the CNAME is showing as missing, and is not showing the expected value of shops.myshopify.com.

I would suggest contacting GoDaddy support directly to let them know the exact specification you want the domain to have, and they can take a closer look to see what is happening. 

While you are in contact with GoDaddy support, something else to check is if DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions) is enabled on the domain. This is an unsupported feature which usually doesn't work with Shopify and can cause problems similar to this sort of behavior. I would recommend trying to disable this feature if it is enabled - your domain provider GoDaddy should be able to confirm this for you, and disable it if necessary.

Let me know how the above goes! I understand that domain issues like this are never ideal, so I am keen to work with you to make sure we get these issues resolved.

Rick | Shopify 

Indiancreekmerc
Visitor
3 0 0
I spoke with go daddy and they got it fixed for me

Thank you
Rick
Shopify Staff
946 89 146

Hey @Indiancreekmerc 

That is great to hear! Thanks for getting back to let me know that you managed to resolve your issue.

In case it might be useful for others here who come across this thread, would you mind sharing what the issue was? I would be curious to know if it was the A Record/CNAME setup, or perhaps DNSSEC?

You mentioned that your store has been up for a month - how is it going so far? I'd love to hear more about your business and how things are going for you!

Also, how are your preparations for Black Friday Cyber Monday (BFCM) going? As the biggest shopping event of the year approaches, it's a great idea to ensure that your store is ready for the sales opportunities. Have you implemented any special promotions, or made any other preparations? We have a great blog post here which discusses many ideas you can consider!

Rick | Shopify 

FreshAqua
Visitor
1 0 0

Iam facing same issue 
How to Resolve
I have now updated all DNS setting 
but Godaddy Says wait for 24hrs for Propogation 
Sure can we get it resolved ??

any suggestions