Why is Paypal my default payment method

GymGenerator
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

On our store checkout, Paypal is the first payment method available & is automatically preselected at checkout. We would like to prioritise our 'debit/credit card' option as the first payment method to show up and for it to be automatically preselected instead. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2021-11-09 111707.png

Replies 4 (4)

Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi there @GymGenerator!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us here in the Shopify Community.

At the moment, it's not possible to customise the checkout area in this way for merchants who are not on Shopify Plus

You can see your options for changing the style of your checkout flow on our regular paid plans here on our help site.

What I can do for you from here is to file a feature request with our developer team so they know that this is something our merchants are looking to have added to the platform in the future.

I have added that request for you now internally based on the info already supplied here, so thanks again for your critical feedback!

Our Changelog page is the best place to keep an eye on for any updates to the platform that may be added into the future.

Could you tell me a bit more about your business and what you're working on at the moment?

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GymGenerator
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Don,

Yes but other companies I have seen have their cred/debit card option as
their default payment method, who I know for a fact are not on Shopify
Plus. So it must be possible.
Don
Shopify Staff
2765 199 388

Hi again @GymGenerator!

For reasons of privacy and security, we're not able to comment on any stores even to confirm or deny that they are using Shopify as their platform, I'm sure you understand we would need to respect potential merchants' info and privacy rights. 

I can confirm again for you here that it would not be possible to change the order in which your payment gateway options appear during your checkout flow.

I have filed a request in this regard for you with our developer team, so they know that this is something our merchants are looking to see in the platform in the future.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you'd like to see as an outcome, why you'd like to be able to make this change, so we can check for any potential other options or workarounds?

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GymGenerator
Tourist
6 0 1
Hi Don,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the privacy rights of Shopify
users, but from my experience as a Shopify Partner, I can confirm that this
is the only client I have had who has this issue. All my other clients have
a checkout page with credit/debit card as the default preselected option,
and Paypal as the secondary option. I have attached an example screenshot
from one of the stores I manage below, who I can confirm are not using