FROM CACHE - en_header

Why Shopify Back End(Owner End) is so slow

Solved
Aaron10
Excursionist
22 0 2

My Shopify back end is extremely slow. Have been with Shopify for 4 years. It was fast before.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for providing further context @Aaron10! I'm going to go ahead and reach out to our technical team and see if bandwidth allocation has changed over the years or if they have any suggestions for a workaround to help speed up your admin.

I will report back once I have received a response from them,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

Hey @Aaron10,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Are you operating on a different device or browser than previously? I'd be curious to know if we can isolate what you're experiencing to your device or browser. Would you mind testing a few things for me?

• Clear your cache and cookies - When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

• Ensure your browser is up to date.

• Try an Incognito window.

• Try another browser (e.g. Safari).

• Try completing the same steps on your phone, using data rather than WiFi.

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Aaron10
Excursionist
22 0 2

Moira, thank you for replying but I think it is not my PC's problem or network problem. I was using the 200MB internet couple years ago with a basic laptop. I still remember I can multi-task with Shopify's back end. I got 2-3 windows working together, one for pictures uploading and another one for description editing for different listings. Right now even with a $1000+ newly restored pc and 1G internet, I can barely let Shopify multi-tasking. It is just really slow on the back end. 

It could be saving description while uploading pictures. The page won't refresh and will save everything. But not right now, after linking all pictures and click save, if I don't wait it actually save but change anything like price or quantities, all my linkage will be lost. 

It is just not the perfect Shopify anymore. Maybe you just don't give enough bandwidth to back end anymore.

Aaron10
Excursionist
22 0 2

@MoiraAlso, while I opening 3+ product pages together. Shopify doesn't allow me to do so.

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for providing further context @Aaron10! I'm going to go ahead and reach out to our technical team and see if bandwidth allocation has changed over the years or if they have any suggestions for a workaround to help speed up your admin.

I will report back once I have received a response from them,

Aaron10
Excursionist
22 0 2

Thank you. The team must had solved something. Now it is faster and like before. Really appreciate.

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

No worries @Aaron10! Don't hesitate to reach out if you require any further assistance as you continue to work on your store. 

loganangg
3 0 0

Ive been having this same problem across multiple computers on both of my shops 

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

Hey @loganangg,

Do you mind sharing your store URLs with me so I can take a closer look and pinpoint where the issue is stemming from?

Look forward to hearing from you!

MaggieHansens
1 0 1

I've been having the same issue for months now. I thought maybe it would get better but it takes FOREVER to edit a product, page, etc. We're trying to push our online site heavier now but I won't until I can edit things like I used to. It's the same whether I am at my desktop at work or at home.   My url is www.hansenspoolandspa.com

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

@MaggieHansens 

Do you find the speed is impacted by one particular browser i.e Safari or Google Chrome? 

loganangg
3 0 0

its significantly slower on safari and a little faster on chrome. I normally use safari

loganangg
3 0 0

cthrupurses.com the other one is lattitudeslife.com but its a private locked website for our wholesale clients

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

@loganangg Google Chrome is optimized for the Shopify platform, I suggest utilizing this browser moving forward. Secondly, I suggest clearing your browser cache and making sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

If you would like us to take a deeper look into your account, please get in contact with our live chat team who will be able to escalate your query to our technical team for further troubleshooting. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback.

Please visit https://bit.ly/3BANQVf and log in to your account to create a support request.

vapidlacquer
3 0 0

I have been having the same issue a couple of months now, and it appears to be getting worse.  I have tried multiple browsers (chrome, safari, edge, and Firefox) and even using different Mac's and PC's. The only place it appears to be normal is on the iPhone app. But it is not practical to be using the app when updating our entire catalog. 

Please help!

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1061 140 170

Hey @vapidlacquer,

Would you mind sharing your website URL with me so I can take a closer look?

Look forward to hearing from you!

vapidlacquer
3 0 0