Why was this feature removed?

jeffmm
Visitor
1 0 2

The recent Shopify Mobile App update removed the ability to swipe left or right between orders. This was an essential feature to quickly move from order to order. Now that it's been removed, my workflow when fulfilling orders has come to a screeching halt. We now have to click the back button to the "all orders" page, then click on the next order. It has slowed things down tremendously. 

Any idea why this was removed or when it might be added back??

Replies 8 (8)

Armanbabayan
Excursionist
29 2 5

Hi there,

Arman is here to help. Due to new updates at Shopify, the feature was removed but can be added back in the future if you try contacting the Shopify support team directly via email or LiveChat.

Arman Babayan
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jazzymaddy
Tourist
6 0 7

Couldn’t agree more. I would love to get that feature back. 

lunchboxrecords
Shopify Partner
30 0 44

yes, please add this back - it is a waste of time and efficiency to go back and forth constantly when you have tons of orders to pull. 

I was told this on chat: 

"The swipe feature was removed in version 9.125.0 due to usability concerns and to improve the overall user experience. " 

which once again makes me think that whoever does the UX for Shopify need actually uses the platform or app

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1310

@lunchboxrecords wrote:

"The swipe feature was removed in version 9.125.0 due to usability concerns and to improve the overall user experience. " 

..whoever does the UX for Shopify need actually uses the platform or app

That probably means less able bodied merchants with mobility issues were not able to do anything because the swipe gestures prevented them from doing other things.

So what was a convenience was a big detriment for them.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

lunchboxrecords
Shopify Partner
30 0 44

Perhaps, but then why not just add an arrow or next/previous button like every email app has? 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 572 1310

removal and replace are very different, screen real-estate is precious.

And new UI's have to be tested.

If such a thing is even in the pipeline at all that is, so be sure to contact shopify support directly about feature-requests.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Apvapeshop
Visitor
1 0 1

This was a key feature for streamlined order fulfilment, This needs to be reinstated ASAP. 

lunchboxrecords
Shopify Partner
30 0 44

And the swiping between orders has been removed again thanks to todays update. Please fix