Why won't my iOS update scan barcodes or add new inventory?

Carmie70
Visitor
2 0 0

My phone and our iPad both updated to the latest iOS yesterday.  Since the update neither my phone or our iPad we use won’t scan barcodes and we cannot add new inventory.

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2955 289 511

Hey, @Carmie70.

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. 

I understand that your barcode scanner isn't working after updating the operating system on your mobile devices. Since the OS was updated, then you may need to re-pair the barcode scanner with your devices. If you need help with re-pairing the barcode scanner, then you can follow our guide on barcode scanners and identify the model of your barcode scanner. 

If you've already tried re-pairing the barcode scanner and the problem persists, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to get a closer look and resolve the issue. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chats. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request.

That being said, I noticed that you're a new member of our Shopify Community and I'd love to hear more about your business. What kinds of products are you selling? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Carmie70
Visitor
2 0 0

No, it’s not the barcode scanner.  Our devices (iphone, iPad) will no longer scan new merchandise SKUs that we are adding.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2955 289 511

Hey, @Carmie70.

Thank you for following up with the additional context.

If you're referring to the camera on the mobile devices, then you can try granting the Shopify POS app access to your device's camera again as the permissions may have been reset when the operating system was updated.

That being said, if the issue continues to persist after adjusting the permissions for Shopify POS, then we may need to have our Technical team take a closer look at the logs from your mobile devices. In order to do that, please get in touch with us via the Shopify Help Center and we can further assist you through live chats. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, then don't hesitate to let us know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog