Why won't my PDF load on the page after uploading?

Solved

Why won't my PDF load on the page after uploading?

Jthompsonsbg
Excursionist
16 0 3

Something seemingly very simple is just not working and I have no idea why. I uploaded the file into Shopify. I clicked the file to verify there's no file error. When I copy the file URL and create a link it in a page the link doesn't load the file. Please help. Thank you.

pdf.jpglink.pngfile.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 321

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jthompsonsbg,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's strange!

I cannot seem to replicate the issue myself in my own store. I followed the same process by uploading a PDF file from my desktop (the file is called Morality, please ignore the bizarre heading):

20-09-zmve0-molk6

I copied the link and pasted into a page as you did:

20-09-p0hg5-u6vqp

And when I click on the hyperlinked word it leads me to the PDF document without issue, as you can see in this video here.

This leads me to believe it is a localized issue at your end. Can you try using a different browser to test it out? Perhaps you need to clear your cache?

Let me know if that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 321

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jthompsonsbg,

Hyde here from Shopify. That's strange!

I cannot seem to replicate the issue myself in my own store. I followed the same process by uploading a PDF file from my desktop (the file is called Morality, please ignore the bizarre heading):

20-09-zmve0-molk6

I copied the link and pasted into a page as you did:

20-09-p0hg5-u6vqp

And when I click on the hyperlinked word it leads me to the PDF document without issue, as you can see in this video here.

This leads me to believe it is a localized issue at your end. Can you try using a different browser to test it out? Perhaps you need to clear your cache?

Let me know if that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Jthompsonsbg
Excursionist
16 0 3

Yep it works fine on my phone. Thanks lol