Why is there a withheld charge after payment was captured and processed?

AntonioMoreno
Visitor
1 0 0

A customer made a purchase for 59 EUR. Since it was a familiar, I deducted the shipping by capturing a payment of 53 EUR only. After capturing the payment, they were charged with 53 EUR but another withheld charge is standing on their account for a value of 53 EUR. This withheld charge has been there for 20 days now. Why do they have a withheld charge if the payment was already captured and processed? How can I proceed now?

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 982

@AntonioMoreno 

Hmm, that is a strange occurrence. It would be normal if they say an authorization for 59 EUR, then a charge for 53 EUR; however, it's not normal that the second charge hasn't been removed. If this was processed through Shopify Payments, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support with a screenshot of your customer's banking statement that shows the double charge. The advisor you connect with can reach out to our Billing team to investigate this further. 

To contact Shopify Support, you'll need to login to your store through our Help Center, search your question/issue, then select "Contact Support" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog