Solved

Does Worldpay Direct support Apple Pay for Shopify checkouts?

LabelSource
Explorer
60 1 10

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Worldpay Direct allows customers to checkout with Apple Pay? Their site says yes but a woman at customer service says no? 

If anyone has any example sites of this that would be great>

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LabelSource.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I can see that Worldpay does support Apple Pay through some of their integrations, as they have a developer's guide for Apple Pay (Hosted). However, I've taken a look at the requirements for enabling Apple Pay on Shopify and Worldpay isn't one of the options on our list. That being said, it is possible that they have yet to integrate Apple Pay with their Shopify integration.

Here's a list of supported payment gateways with Apple Pay on Shopify:

• Shopify Payments
  • Stripe
  • First Data Payeezy
  • Authorize.Net
  • Cybersource
  • Braintree

Did you get a chance to explore any of the payment gateways that I've listed above?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @LabelSource.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I can see that Worldpay does support Apple Pay through some of their integrations, as they have a developer's guide for Apple Pay (Hosted). However, I've taken a look at the requirements for enabling Apple Pay on Shopify and Worldpay isn't one of the options on our list. That being said, it is possible that they have yet to integrate Apple Pay with their Shopify integration.

Here's a list of supported payment gateways with Apple Pay on Shopify:

• Shopify Payments
  • Stripe
  • First Data Payeezy
  • Authorize.Net
  • Cybersource
  • Braintree

Did you get a chance to explore any of the payment gateways that I've listed above?

LabelSource
Explorer
60 1 10

Thanks Elias, We are currently using cybersource on our site however customers seem be having issues when checking out with visa payments. We used to use Worldpay but left after needing apple pay on our store.

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @LabelSource.

Thank you for following up and sharing this update!

I'm glad to hear that you're using Cybersource, as I know that Apple Pay is an important feature for your business. That being said, if you're experiencing any issues with a third-party gateway, then I'd recommend checking directly with the payment provider first. In the event that it's an issue they're aware of, they'll be able to assist you with troubleshooting the issue. 

If the issue continues to persist and Cybersource isn't able to help, then it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I'd love to know if the checkout issue can be resolved. Feel free to keep me posted!