Wrong shipping address or email address

zimousdigi
Shopify Partner
52 0 2

Hi,

May I please ask the community of merchants how you solve problems with the wrong shipping address/email address/phone number?

Do you somehow verify that they are correct and valid?

Thank you

Martin Zima
Digismoothie
Replies 2 (2)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2282 453 395

Hey @zimousdigi.

I appreciate you reaching out on our community forums, this is a great question!

Have you received an order recently where the customers accidentally input the incorrect information? If so, you can update the customers information by navigating to the Order and selecting Edit. You can also choose to View map to see where the Google Maps identifies the location. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the section I am referring to:

27-58-46666-54149

When you enter a shipping address for a shipping label, the address is automatically checked with the shipping carrier's database. With that being said, if there is a match then the address is guaranteed to be recognized by the shipping carrier. If there isn't a match, then there is no guarantee that the address will be recognized, which can lead to errors or delays in shipping.

You can always use anyone of our shipping address checkers, as well as checking out third-party applications like Shipping Address Validator, for example.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Inuofficial
Visitor
1 0 0

HI! 

When I try to edit the shipping address for my customer who was purchasing for a friend and accidentally put in her personal address instead of her friends address (that is receiving the package) it keeps saying I can't edit the address while the order is in process of being fulfilled. I'm perplexed how to change the address for her. HELP! 

Thanks, 

Melanie (INU Official)