You are about to update Facebook

niftydeals
Tourist
7 0 2

I have a Facebook sales channel set up on my store, but all of a sudden when I click on my Facebook sales channel I am greeted with a page asking to update the app.  The "You are about to update Facebook" appears at the top of the page, with an "Update Sales Channel" button on the bottom.  However, clicking the button takes me to https://facebook-ads.shopifycloud.com/login where it asks for my shop domain to install the app.  Entering my url does nothing, and it just kicks me back to my admin page.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Does anyone know of a fix?  Maybe uninstalling facebook and reinstalling completely anew?

Thank you for the help!

Mac
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
131 15 17

Hi, @niftydeals!

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that you’re looking to update your Facebook Sales Channel and are being redirected to your admin when attempting to do so. Since you are being direct to insert your URL, are you able to head over to our App Store and ensure that you are logged in here. This will ensure that the update is being pulled for the correct store and try again.  

You can also try a few additional local troubleshooting steps here:

• Clear your cache and cookies on your browser. After this, completely reboot the browser.
  • Try another internet connection (switching to a cellular network on a phone rather than wifi, for example)
  • Ensure you do not have any firewalls or pop up blockers enabled on the device as these can interfere.

If you are still being redirected, please uninstall the app and reinstall it afterwards. This will ensure that you are using the most up to date and correct Facebook channel.

Let me know if these suggestions work, if not I can keep troubleshooting with you!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes