Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address.

NextRealityAus
Tourist
13 0 1

So I've just had a few customers contact me in regards to the subject message.

"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address."

When trying to checkout on PC with certain products only. Ie. Windscreen banner

I've checked all the possible reasons for this error message. this error message pops up on the PC version of the website only, will happily put the order through on the mobile version???

Any Suggestions??

We use Shippo and the Aus Post App to calculate our shipping and print our labels

Replies 4 (4)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @NextRealityAus.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared as that is super helpful! Could you share the URL for the online store? As this will allow us to simulate the checkout experience to see if we can get the same error message.

Typically, if a customer receives the error message, "Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address" this may be due to the way the shipping profiles are setup. I would suggest checking the shipping profiles to make sure that you are offering shipping to their location. If you can confirm that the location is added to the shipping profile, we will need to double check the criteria for the location.

As for example, if you have a rate setup for Free Shipping for orders above $35, any orders that do not meet that requirement will not display a rate within the checkout and they will receive this error message. Feel more than welcome to check out our advanced shipping setup examples.

Looking forward to your response.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NextRealityAus
Tourist
13 0 1

Www.nextrealityaus.com is the url

Windscreen banner is the item ive noticed we get the error message on so far

Let me know how you go?

Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @NextRealityAus.

Thanks for the quick reply in this matter.

I attempted to make a purchase on the online store using the URL that was provided, I did receive the same message when attempting to purchase the Windscreen banner. This could be due to the stock of the product is added into a location that is not available on the shipping profile, I would suggest heading to the shipping profile to make sure that the locations are added to the shipping zones.

If the product is stocked at a separate location, we will need to allow the location to offer shipping rates in order to allow your customers to successfully complete the purchase. If this does not do the trick, I would suggest reaching out to our support so we can take a closer look into what may be causing the error message. You can login to your store using our Contact Us page to allow us to securely verify you as the store owner. This will allow you to reach out to a Support Advisor about the product triggering this error in the checkout.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog