Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

Spaaarkle
Visitor
1 0 0

It's the busiest time of the year and I log into my Shopify Account to see a message that states "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account" I contact support as instructed and they have no more information than the initial message on my dashboard. As a small business owner this is very outrageous and will impact my sales due to me closing access to allowing my customers purchasing my products. We have to close our books out of fear of not knowing when we'll receive access to the money we need to create the items that are ordered. 

I was told by the customer service rep "I hear you on this Christina, hence the standard process done by our banking partners honestly takes time so I can't provide an exact time frame but they will reach you as soon as possible. And rest assured we will work on this on a timely manner since this is very important for you." 

And I still have NOT received an email with further instructions. My last resort will be to explain to my 50K+ followers why Shopify is not a platform that actually supports small business success and why I had to close my store during the weekend where they were able to take advantage of the best sales. 

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. 

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2828 442 576

Hi @Spaaarkle 

I definitely understand your concern about having your payouts placed on hold during the beginning of the holiday season. Payout holds and reviews by our banking partners when using Shopify Payments is standard practice, and is also included in our terms of service.

I fully recognize that having a payout hold during Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend is not ideal and I can assure you that our team that handles these reviews will do so with the utmost priority. Generally, these reviews are resolved without requiring additional information from the merchant themselves, and are handled completely on the backend. If the banner stays in your store admin for longer than 3 business days without a follow up email from our support team, please reach back out to our live support team for an update and to ensure you didn't miss any emails regarding the payout hold. 

In the interim, you do have the option to temporarily disable Shopify Payments or encourage your customers to pay through an alternate payment gateway like PayPal. If you do decide to disable Shopify Payments temporarily, please ensure that you reach out and let our support know this. This way we can make sure the review isn't halted by disabling the gateway. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Daniel337
Tourist
11 0 1

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? We are in the same boat. You would think when they put a hold on your account they would provide an ounce of communication but I guess customer service is above Shopify. I have reached out to them daily about the issue but still have no resolution. I was hoping I could get some positive results to give us some hope that there is actually someone reviewing these accounts lol. 

Good or bad I would love to hear what the outcome was and how long did it take them to reply