Your Shopify Affiliate application was not approved.......

user1000
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi, I had applied for the Shopify affiliate program but they did not approve. Could anyone help to get me approved?  Thank you

Screenshot 2021-10-12 at 7.09.37 PM.png

Replies 6 (6)

Ecommpremium
Shopify Partner
512 43 93

Hi, @user1000 

For the shopify affiliate program you should fill the application form properly and you much prove that after getting an affiliate you will definitely cover up much audience to convince them to use shopify as a platform after affiliate link click like if you don't have social influence or something then it might be hard to get approved!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- 300+ Video Tutorials
-Website
Serdo
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi,

Yes that can be true, but the question is, when can I try my chance again for the application?

Because today I am also rejected, but how long do I have to wait until I can make my request again?

Thank you!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @Serdo 

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community forums as well. 

When it comes to reapplying to the affiliate partnership, there is no set timeframe as to when you can. I would definitely give it a few months at least though as our team will definitely be looking for growth upon your reapplication. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hkthedon
Tourist
18 0 1

How exactly do we reapply? Could you walk me through the steps? And do we need our own website or would a website built on another platform like Stan store work? Mine is built on the Stan store platform, should I create my own entity? I have 10k+ on tiktok and 1k+ on my discord server where I teach people how to use Shopify and create a business but I still got denied? Please help! 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @hkthedon 

I'm sorry to hear that you were not approved at this time for our affiliates program. You would reapply the same way you applied the first time, there would be no change to that process. 

All the details for requirements or considerations for eligibility are listed in our Help Center and in the documents I linked. There is no set requirement or formula to become a Shopify Affiliate. Each application is assessed by its own merit. 

Shopify does not provide affiliate status to just anyone and will definitely consider the impact the person applying will have to grow the Shopify brand and reach. I would continue to build your online presence and start by building development stores, which you can still use as a way to earn commission.

If you do not have an active Shopify website, I would encourage you to consider migrating or having one. This is not a requirement, but definitely beneficial when looking at your ability to convert business owners to Shopify. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @user1000 

I am happy to hear that you are interested in becoming an affiliate with Shopify. I know it can be disheartening if your initial application was denied, but that doesn't mean that you can't become an affiliate in the future.

There are a lot of things to keep in mind when applying for an affiliate position. It is not something that Shopify approves just anyone for, as being an affiliate means you are representing Shopify to your clients and referrals. When applying for affiliate status you want to ensure you are able to provide evidence or proof of your actions, specifically:

• Strong social media presence.
  • Proven history of development on Shopify, either by creating successful development stores for clients or demonstrative stores for display.
  • That you are incredibly knowledgeable about the Shopify platform and a reliable support for other partners and merchants.
  • That you can bring value and increase the reach of the Shopify brand.

You are not required to be able to have all of those things, but they are all important considerations. 

I would recommend reviewing these resources and also making sure you are an active member of our community forums and developer community. 

About the Shopify Affiliate Program · Shopify Help Center

Affiliates 101: The Shopify Affiliate Program and How You Can Apply