Zoho Mail not receiving emails from Contact Us page

Vonski
Visitor
2 0 0

I've been in contact with Zoho and after checking all my settings (which were correct) they said the one thing that will fix this is getting the Shopify email ip addresses and putting them into the trusted list on Zoho.    I also said that I'd been through most of the comments on here about adding or changing the records at the domain but the guy said that adding the Shopify email IP addresses is the only way that works and it works fast.......Does anyone know what the Shopify email ip addresses are?

Replies 7 (7)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @Vonski!

Welcome to Shopify Community. 

Thanks for connecting with our network and sharing your question. I took a look at the issue you have described, and I want to clarify that IP addresses are not required for email set-up. This is only required when pointing a third-party domain to Shopify. Instead, MX records are used to configure email set-up.

To help clarify, I found this detailed manual on DNS record configuration to walk you through setting up Zoho Mail written by the team over at Zoho.

In short:

1. Verify your domain ownership 
  2. Update records to start receiving emails

Please check that out and let me know if I have missed or misunderstood anything and I'd be glad to chat further.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Vonski
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for all the info.  I had all my settings checked by Zoho admin staff before I posted here.  Everything is done and in the correct format.  The Zoho team were adamant that I use the IP addresses as this is the fastest way.  I have my domain with a third party domain provider and I use Zoho for my business email.     

Update: After posting here I did receive the email from my Contact page - 2 hours later.  So it does work - just very slowly.......Is there anything I can do to speed that up at the domain end or in Zoho?

Thanks!

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks for your reply, @Vonski.

I appreciate the added context, and for clarifying that you are using a third-party domain not hosted by Shopify.

The instructions I found earlier by Zoho seem to be specific to domains hosted via Shopify, so I recommend going with the advice they provided directly to you as it's specific to your situation. Since your domain and email providers are both third-party, we recommend working with each directly for further guidance on email delivery speeds as well.

I also welcome other community members that have experienced this to provide their feedback and expertise.

Warm regards,

Andy_Hawcroft
Excursionist
17 1 1

G'day Olivia,

I have a similar issue! I wondered if you could help me too!?! Here goes!

Basically, I’m not getting the “Contact Us” messages from our website.

Just to backtrack, we used to have our emails hosted by ii-Hosting by Iinet, however, since they got hacked last December, they’ve decided to get out of hosting and told us to switch to MS365

So I chose MS365 and it hasn’t been smooth to say the least!

But despite a few issues, cutting to the chase, Microsoft are very leisurely! My main issue is this:

On our Shopify hosted website, we have a "Contact Us" form which sends to orders@vacuumdoctor.com.au which is an alias of tricia@vacuumdoctor.com.au They are not delivered to us at all.

Interestingly, orders received by our website are sent to us, on that same email address orders@vacuumdoctor.com.au are received by andy@vacuumdoctor.com.au despite andy@vacuumdoctor.com.au not having that alias orders@vacuumdoctor.com.au attached to my profile!

On Saturday, I found out I needed the Shopify DNS records adding to our domain, at WHOIS and we did this very quickly, then I got Shopify to verify those details for us.

I just hoped you might be able to help, because, as you can imagine this is quite alarming for us as we’ve had no requests since Thursday!

Kind regards, Andy at vacuumdoctor.com.au 🙂

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @Andy_Hawcroft!

Thank you so much for joining our thread and sharing your issue with me. I apologize for my delayed response as our community forums do not provide immediate support, though if time is of the essence then our direct team is available 24/7. 

Please provide me with an update of whether or not you are still experiencing this, and if adding the DNS records helped mitigate the issue. Since the records can take some time to update, I suspect it should have resolved shortly after that.

Please let me know,

Andy_Hawcroft
Excursionist
17 1 1

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for getting back to me, I re-posted in my own right. See if this works for you: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussions/not-getting-the-contact-us-messages-from-our-web...

I seemed to resolve it, probably with with the aid of AI on Shopify and Outlook 365, because unfortunately no human had any solutions, only ideas, and DNS records were adjusted well before the issue was resolved.

I think that post should explain everything, however, if you can't use that link, get back to me. I'm not big in forums!

Andy 🙂

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thank you so much for that context, @Andy_Hawcroft.

I did read over the forum post and it sounds like with a few changes and a little bit of luck all is working as expected. It's tough to say what the problem was and what fixed it, though DNS changes are typically enough to resolve email issues. They can take some time to fully take effect as well, which could have been a factor.

Regardless, I am glad it all worked out and please let me know if you have further questions.

Warm regards,