Solved

Shopify Flow Triggered by Open Draft Orders

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

I'm having an issue getting Flow to trigger on Open Draft orders.  I'm trying to create a trigger that when a Draft Order is created for a customer and they have one Open, it will send an email with a warning that an Open Draft Order exists.

Currently, I tried "If any of draftOrder.customer.lastOrder.fulfillmentOrders.status equals Open", but that doesn't work.  Is that trigger looking at completed Orders and, if so, how do I get it to look at just the Draft Orders?

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

I figured a workaround for you, my friend.  First, create a Workflow that triggers when an Order is Fulfilled and have it add a tag to the Customer (we'll use #GOOD).  Next, create another Workflow that triggers when a Draft Order is created and have it check for the #GOOD tag in the Customer account.  If there is a #GOOD tag, remove it.  If there is not a #GOOD tag, have it send an email to whomever is in charge of order fulfillment notifying them that there are two outstanding orders from the same Customer.  To finish it out, bulk add the #GOOD tag to your Customers in need of this process and PRESTO!

How does that sound?

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

CossetDataWiz
Excursionist
22 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

I figured a workaround for you, my friend.  First, create a Workflow that triggers when an Order is Fulfilled and have it add a tag to the Customer (we'll use #GOOD).  Next, create another Workflow that triggers when a Draft Order is created and have it check for the #GOOD tag in the Customer account.  If there is a #GOOD tag, remove it.  If there is not a #GOOD tag, have it send an email to whomever is in charge of order fulfillment notifying them that there are two outstanding orders from the same Customer.  To finish it out, bulk add the #GOOD tag to your Customers in need of this process and PRESTO!

How does that sound?