Shopify function doesn't work when reinstalling the app

Shopify function doesn't work when reinstalling the app

letmepro
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Hi there,

I have created the delivery customization functions. It works well when I install to my development store at frist time. However, it doesn't work anymore since I uninstall the app and reinstall it again. 

I check the shopify function list by graphql, the shopify functions still there but on app insight does't have any log of the shopify functions.

Is there any one face this issue before?

Note: if I install the app to another store, it will work.

Replies 3 (3)

Chris_Hantis
Shopify Partner
28 3 6

I am experiencing this with my shopify function and not having any success figuring out why this is occurring. I made a checkout ui to see if that worked and indeed that is showing up and is updating with changes. Did you figure out the issue? @letmepro 

CH
letmepro
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

Hello @Chris_Hantis 

My issue was caused by my mistake, when we uninstalled the Shopify function, Shopify removed all Shopify functions regarding to the app. When we reinstall the app, we need to register the Shopify functions again by API. I'm not sure if it is the same your issue or not, but you can use the query below to check your Shopify functions available on the store or not: https://shopify.dev/docs/api/admin-graphql/2024-01/queries/shopifyFunctions 

Chris_Hantis
Shopify Partner
28 3 6

Thank you. I queried my dev store and the function appears to be on the store, but the inputQuery is null so this is probably the issue for me. So now I have to figure out why this its null because I am using an template Shopify provides.

CH