Shopify Function to read the applied discount codes, if a string is found set shiping to $0.00

Shopify Function to read the applied discount codes, if a string is found set shiping to $0.00

KellyEldritch
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

I have created an extension only app that has a shipping discount extension.

My input query:

query RunInput {
  cart {
    discountCodes {
      code
    }
  }
}

Based on the GraphQL explorer found here: shopify.dev/graphiql/storefront-graphiql

but I get the error:

"Error 0: Cannot query field "discountCodes" on type "Cart""

I am replacing a Shopify script that iterates through the applied discounts, looking for a specific substring in those discount names. If the substring is found, it sets the shipping cost to $0.00.

If discountCodes is not queryable why do I find it in the explorer? If what is found in the linked explorer is not valid, where am I to find the shape that can be queried in a clear and concise format like that GraphQL explorer?

If there is no such resource, please help me produce an input query that will give me the applied discount codes, that I can iterate looking for target strings, that if found will allow me to apply a 100% shipping discount.

Sincerely stumped,

Confused Query Quester

Replies 4 (4)

sniper2804
Shopify Partner
402 25 68

Hi,

I don't think Discount Codes is available in the set of input parameters in Shopify as of now.

Check available input parameters here: https://shopify.dev/docs/api/functions/reference/shipping-discounts/graphql/input

Automate & bulk assign products to shipping profile: Auto Shipping Profiles: Shipr
Calculate accurate shipping rates: Shipping Calculator: ShipMagic
Hide, rename, reorder payment methods at checkout: Payment Customization: PayMix
KellyEldritch
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

If it is not possible to get the discounts as input to a function how can I get the list of accepted discount codes and then add a shipping discount based on the strings found in that list?

KellyEldritch
Shopify Partner
3 0 3

If the discounts cannot be added to an input query, is there any to get the discount codes in an extension only Shopify App?

I have been able to get the codes via a remix app, but in the remix app I cannot change the cart to add a discount for shipping.

Can this be accomplished using the webhooks that are defined in a remix app?

If this is just not possible it would be very helpful if someone from Shopify could let me know as I have been beating my head against this for weeks now. If it is not possible, I need to let my client know so we can look for alternative options ASAP.

Despondently Yours,

💔📉👩‍💻

Discount-Despairing Developer

GexKKoSPmCu9i8
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Looking for this same thing, did you ever find an answer @KellyEldritch ?