Bundles, mixed 6-packs, and buil-your-own-box

thecword
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi everyone.

I'll get straight to the point.

We sell and ship cookies of various flavours in 6 and 12-packs. Our customers are able to combine any flavour in their box, as long the total amount of items in their cart is equal to 6 or 12. 

A main requirement of ours is that each morning we can easily extrapolate how many cookies of each flavour we need to bake in order to fulfil the orders we are going to deliver on the day (not necessarily all the open orders).

We are currently using the Bundle Builder app. It has been been working fine, although for each bundle purchased it creates a standalone product (which is annoying), and it doesn't allow us to *easily* print out a list of products to prepare for the daily deliveries. They do offer an option to keep the products as separate items within the bundles, but I don't find that ideal for us.

As the pricing becomes relatively cheaper for a 12-pack compared to a 6-pack, the customer should be able to see that at the beginning of the flow, ideally.

Occasionally we offer other products (eg logs of cookie dough) that would not be subjected to the "multiples of 6" rule.

Our volume is 10-30 orders per day.

Here is our site, if that helps. We currently use the Venture free theme, however we are wouldn't mind upgrading to a premium theme if the functionality needs it.

Thank you in advance!

Claudio

Any help or input appreciated, or even professional coding/customisation offers.

Replies 2 (2)

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
894 23 173

Bundle builder and my app, BYOB are generating dummy products to adjust prices. Not because we like these dummy products but simply because there is NO other technical feasible way to adjust prices

To provide a fixed price discount (ie any x products for $y), this is almost the only way. Built-in discount is simply not possible.

What you can do is find a developer to set up custom product pages for these bundles. Add a add bundle to button. When the button is clicked, add these products to cart and apply a discount to the cart. Disallow customers to remove items on the cart page. They can only clear all items at once

This way can achieve what you want. But discount code or auto discount cannot be used since only 1 discount is allowed.

You can read my blog article for more details: https://blog.ilovebyob.com/sell-products-individually-and-as-bundles/

I saw that you tried my app. Thanks for trying it. But you just don't know how hard to by pass all these limits to give a correct result. Not to mention Shopify is changing these limits frequently. 

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

@thecword wrote:

A main requirement of ours is that each morning we can easily extrapolate how many cookies of each flavour we need to bake in order to fulfil the orders we are going to deliver on the day (not necessarily all the open orders).

We are currently using the Bundle Builder app. It has been been working fine, although for each bundle purchased it creates a standalone product (which is annoying), and it doesn't allow us to *easily* print out a list of products to prepare for the daily deliveries. They do offer an option to keep the products as separate items within the bundles, but I don't find that ideal for us.

So basically a pick list,

For a frontend solution using cart attributes or line item properties you need to try and pass through an itemized list of the cookies you'll need to make so it's part of whatever the printout process is.

If the generate products at static you could also add metafield definitions to define the pieces to then use that data in what's passed through the cart.

A backend solution is using a tool like usemechanic to parse the "bundles" in the orders and generate your bake list.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org