How to change the 'buy it now' button in code on the Dawn theme?

Alonarye
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, Ive been trying to change the "buy it now" button on my product page but i dont have any option to do that on my theme, so how do i change the button in code?

Im on the Dawn theme.

Replies 4 (4)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi, @Alonarye

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

You mentioned that you would like to change the Buy Button on your product page but are running into issues. Are you able to clarify on what you would like to change? This will allow me to provide a more tailored solution. If you are looking to completely remove this button, you will likely won't need to make any code changes. Here are the steps:

• From the Shopify admin, select Online Store, then Customize.
  • Select Customize.
  • Select the dropdown menu at the top and select Product Pages.
  • Uncheck Show dynamic checkout button.
  • Select Save.

This will effectively remove the button and you will be able to restore it at any time. If you are looking for different customizations, please let me know and I'd be happy to provide some more information. 

I'd also love to know more about your business! How is your current marketing strategy going with bringing customers to your product pages?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Alonarye
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, thanks for replying but I do not want to remove the button completely I only want to change the text inside the button and write inside in my language.

Mac
Shopify Staff
1654 167 262

Hi again,  @Alonarye

Thank you for the response and clarification.

That is a great question. At this time, there is no way to change the text on the Buy It Now button as it is a dynamic button. As you may already know, customers can skip the cart and complete their payment with the checkout method displayed on the button. The button dynamically changes to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method/ This means that a lot of your visitors will not even see the Buy It Now button as it's likely that they have a number of preferred check out methods saved. 

With that being said, we understand how important this is to you and I'd be happy to share your feedback with our development team. If Shopify moves forward with any changes with to the button, we'll be sure to announce them on our Changelog

I'd also love to provide some more value and would like to know more about how your business is going and how you are gearing up for Boxing day! 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Alonarye
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi, thanks for replying but I do not want to remove the button completely I
only want to change the text inside the button and write inside in my
language.