Checking stock level when adding item to cart

JoshMP
5 0 0

Hi, I would like to know what code I have to add to the product liquid template to check current inventory stock against whats being ordered on the product page to stop customers adding more items than what I have currently in stock to the cart. I would also like to add a small popup or banner at the top of the page that says "You cannot add that amount of "Product" to the cart because there is not enough stock (XXX remaining). I would like this only to work for items I have marked as "Stop selling when out of stock".

Replies 4 (4)

WhiteWater_Web
Shopify Expert
456 17 42

Hi there - we can assist with this if you still need a hand. Let us know, thanks.

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in advanced Shopify Dev, Usability/Design, and Online Strategy. WWW has been working with the Shopify platform since 2006.
info@whitewatersolutions.com
JoshMP
5 0 0

That would be great. Thank you!

WhiteWater_Web
Shopify Expert
456 17 42

What is the website - we will take a look.

Cheers.

WhiteWater Web

A certified Shopify Partner and Expert, WhiteWater Web (WWW) is a premium digital solutions company specializing in advanced Shopify Dev, Usability/Design, and Online Strategy. WWW has been working with the Shopify platform since 2006.
info@whitewatersolutions.com
JoshMP
5 0 0

Hi, My website is matesratehomebrewsupplies.com.au

Feel free to email me at theaussiebrewer@gmail.com