Solved

Create a discount for multiple, yet not all, customers

NickBartelme
Tourist
10 1 1

Hello,

I am attempting to create a discount script for multiple yet not all customers: a certain subset of customers in Texas and Oklahoma shall receive 50% off.

Currently, I am accomplishing this with a 50% discount code. However, I want to create a smoother user experience for the customer by having an automatic script discount. 

Example:

• Customer 1, 2, 3 (who shop from Texas and Oklahoma) shall receive 50% when they check out
  • Customers >3 (located anywhere) would pay full price 

Could I accomplish this users a customer tag? 

I am using the Debut theme. 

Thanks, 

Accepted Solution (1)

playwright-mike
Shopify Partner
72 18 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @NickBartelme, it's great that you are trying to make a smoother experience for your customers. I think adding a tag to Customers 1, 2 and 3 would be a good way to go. Here is how I would propose setting your discount up:

• Create a customer tag called "tx_ok_discount"
  • Add that tag to the set of customers you want to be eligible for the discount
  • In your line item script, check that all of the following are true:
    • the cart.customer.tags includes the "tx_ok_discount" tag
    • that cart.shipping_address.province_code is either "TX" or "OK"
  • If they are all true, apply the 50% off discount
  • Otherwise, don't apply any discount

If all goes well, then the following should all happen:

1. If a customer's state is TX or OK AND that customer has the tag "tx_ok_discount", they get 50% off their order
  2. If a customer's state is TX or OK but that customer DOES NOT have the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price
  3. If a customer's state is NOT TX or OK AND that customer has the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price
  4. If a customer's state is NOT TX or OK AND that customer DOES NOT have the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price

You can learn more about accessing the shipping information in a script here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/script-editor/shopify-scripts#shippingaddress

Let me know if you are having trouble getting it to work. I can provide a script for you.

Playwright | Create Shopify Scripts without writing code | https://playwrightapp.com
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

playwright-mike
Shopify Partner
72 18 33

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @NickBartelme, it's great that you are trying to make a smoother experience for your customers. I think adding a tag to Customers 1, 2 and 3 would be a good way to go. Here is how I would propose setting your discount up:

• Create a customer tag called "tx_ok_discount"
  • Add that tag to the set of customers you want to be eligible for the discount
  • In your line item script, check that all of the following are true:
    • the cart.customer.tags includes the "tx_ok_discount" tag
    • that cart.shipping_address.province_code is either "TX" or "OK"
  • If they are all true, apply the 50% off discount
  • Otherwise, don't apply any discount

If all goes well, then the following should all happen:

1. If a customer's state is TX or OK AND that customer has the tag "tx_ok_discount", they get 50% off their order
  2. If a customer's state is TX or OK but that customer DOES NOT have the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price
  3. If a customer's state is NOT TX or OK AND that customer has the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price
  4. If a customer's state is NOT TX or OK AND that customer DOES NOT have the tag "tx_ok_discount", they pay full price

You can learn more about accessing the shipping information in a script here: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/script-editor/shopify-scripts#shippingaddress

Let me know if you are having trouble getting it to work. I can provide a script for you.

Playwright | Create Shopify Scripts without writing code | https://playwrightapp.com
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.