Customized Checkout or Thank You Page

shingekinokyoji
Excursionist
20 1 2

I wanted to know if it's possible to do the following:

• To add a customized button either to the checkout page and if not the thank you page
  • Add a link to the button so when you click on it, the page will redirect to an external url/domain

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies 3 (3)

eballeste1
Excursionist
23 4 17

You could probably add a button to your thank you page via the theme editor but you would need knowledge of how Shopify themes work.

If you need it on the checkout page, Shopify recently announced Checkout app extensions which would allow you to embed functionality into the checkout page but I believe you would need to either find an existing app that works for this or you would need to build out something yourself. You can also do this apparently via Shopify scripts but this is in beta mode and only available to Shopify Plus accounts.

shingekinokyoji
Excursionist
20 1 2

Do you have any suggestions on resources I could refer to on how to use the theme editor to add that button the thank you page and I'd be able to add a link to that button?

And how would I go about building something for myself if I want it on the checkout page?

eballeste1
Excursionist
23 4 17

I don't at the moment sorry but a quick google search for "how to customize shopify theme thank you page" should point you in the right direction. 

About checkout extensions, there isn't a lot of documentation out there since it's fairly new but, in my opinion, this might be overkill since you would have to build out an app for this and all you are trying to do is add a simple button.