Solved

Where can I locate my store's API on Shopify?

OmarGzl
Tourist
9 0 2

Hello, I've signed with a local company to provide me with products and customer service, but they asked for my store's API so that the orders would go automatically to them. Where can i find it ?

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @OmarGzl.

Thank you for posting this question!

I understand that you're looking for your store's API, as your supplier needs this to access the orders processed from your store. 

You can find your store's API by following our guide, Custom apps, and generate the API credentials that your supplier needs. If you're working with different suppliers, then you can generate multiple API credentials and provide each supplier with a unique API credential for accessing your store. When setting up a custom app, you can control the permissions granted to the API by reviewing the Admin API scopes and Storefront API access scopes

That being said, it's important to note that the APIs are designed to allow external connections to your Shopify store, which is often a program that your supplier is using. As a result, this isn't something that our support team would be able to support so your supplier will need to work with you to ensure that the connection is working on their end.

I'd love to know if setting up a custom app is what your supplier is looking for. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @OmarGzl.

Thank you for posting this question!

I understand that you're looking for your store's API, as your supplier needs this to access the orders processed from your store. 

You can find your store's API by following our guide, Custom apps, and generate the API credentials that your supplier needs. If you're working with different suppliers, then you can generate multiple API credentials and provide each supplier with a unique API credential for accessing your store. When setting up a custom app, you can control the permissions granted to the API by reviewing the Admin API scopes and Storefront API access scopes

That being said, it's important to note that the APIs are designed to allow external connections to your Shopify store, which is often a program that your supplier is using. As a result, this isn't something that our support team would be able to support so your supplier will need to work with you to ensure that the connection is working on their end.

I'd love to know if setting up a custom app is what your supplier is looking for. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog