Solved

How can I translate text in theme pictures for different languages?

chaestergram
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello, 

I would like to know how can a translate the pictures on my main theme page, the page is obviously automatically translating what has been written but since my pictures include text it basically show :

pictures > written in english

text > written in french

is there a way to include the translation picture for when the website convert into French without knowing how to code ? 

thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @chaestergram, yes you can do this using a different image and then translating into it in Translate & Adapt. In your store's Content > Files upload the image with the text written in French. Then go to your Online Store Editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize for the live theme), select the section with the images, then there will be a menu with three dots, and under there you'll see 'Localize'. That'll take you to the relevant place in Translate & Adapt, where you can add the translated image on the right.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

richbrown_staff
Shopify Staff
651 94 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @chaestergram, yes you can do this using a different image and then translating into it in Translate & Adapt. In your store's Content > Files upload the image with the text written in French. Then go to your Online Store Editor (Online Store > Themes > Customize for the live theme), select the section with the images, then there will be a menu with three dots, and under there you'll see 'Localize'. That'll take you to the relevant place in Translate & Adapt, where you can add the translated image on the right.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

chaestergram
Visitor
2 0 1

Thank you very much!